Elisa de Wit
Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Elisa de WitvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Elisa de Wit is an environment and planning, and climate change lawyer based in Melbourne. She heads the Australian climate change practice.
Elisa’s environmental experience includes advising on various environmental permitting regimes, including waste management, pollution control and discharge consents, representing clients in connection with environmental offences or breaches of environmental legislation and undertaking substantial due diligence exercises. She also has significant experience advising in relation to contaminated land, both in the context of property and corporate transactions and in relation to liability issues.
Elisa’s expertise also extends to town planning and covers strategic advice, legal representation at tribunal and court hearings and negotiation of contractual documents for a wide range of developments including retail, residential, commercial, mixed use renewable energy facilities, landfills, incinerators, waste transfer stations, industrial plants, quarries and mining sites.
Elisa has a detailed understanding of the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Scheme (NGERS), the Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI), Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF), the Renewable Energy Target (RET) and the Safeguard Mechanism and has provided extensive advice to a wide range of clients on the obligations and opportunities which flow from NGERS, ERF and RET.
In conjunction with RAMP Carbon, Elisa authored “Implementing the Carbon Farming Initiative – A Guide For Business” on behalf of the Carbon Market Institute. Elisa is the author of the CFI chapter for the Lexis Nexis Clean Energy Law in Australia service and was also an author of the CFI Legal and Contracts Guide prepared with funding from the Commonwealth Government’s CFI Extension and Outreach program, which was published in February 2014.
Elisa has received a number of awards and ratings, namely:
- Leading lawyer in the Australasian Legal Business Guide for Environmental Law
- Pre-eminent environment lawyer in Doyle’s Guide
- Recommended lawyer for climate change in PLC Which Lawyer?
- Listed in International Who’s Who Legal Guide for Environment
- Named Climate Change Lawyer of the Year in Australia at the 2011 Legal Awards conducted by Corporate INTL Magazine
- Listed in Best Lawyers since 2012 for climate change; 2014 for water law and environment and planning; and 2018 for energy law
- Lawyer of the Year in Best Lawyers 2014-2015 and 2018-2019 (Melbourne) for Climate Change Law
- Leading lawyer, Australasian Legal Business Guide for Environmental Law
- Pre-eminent environment lawyer, Doyle's Guide
- Recommended lawyer for climate change, PLC Which Lawyer?
- Listed in International Who's Who Legal Guide for Environment
- Climate Change Lawyer of the Year in Australia, 2011 Legal Awards conducted by Corporate INTL Magazine
- Climate Change, Best Lawyers 2012 - 2018
- Energy Law, Best Lawyers 2018
- Water Law, Best Lawyers 2014
- Environment and Planning, Best Lawyers 2014
- Lawyer of the Year Climate Change Law, Best Lawyers 2014-2015 and 2018-2019
Publication | December 09, 2019
Publication | November 26, 2019
Publication | 26 November 2019
Publication | November 20, 2019