Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Banking and finance
- IBOR and benchmark reform
- Asset finance
- Acquisition finance and corporate lending
Joris Ravelli is a banking lawyer based in Amsterdam. He has extensive experience in a broad range of finance transactions, including project finance, asset finance, leveraged finance and corporate finance. He has acted for Dutch and foreign financial institutions, sponsors and corporates and has advised a number of banks on their IBOR transition projects.
He gained international experience in London and was seconded to three leading international banks during his career.
Joris graduated in Civil law and Business law at the University of Leiden.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- The Lenders - on the senior secured project finance facilities with a hyper-scale data centre operator, for the construction and operation of two data centres near Warsaw.
- The Lenders - on the financing for the design, construction and operation of three separate data centres located in Germany, Switzerland and Poland.
- A syndicate of four banks - on the EUR135m secured financing for energy production and exploration company Zenith Energy. The financing was for the company's tank terminals in Amsterdam and Bantry Bay, Ireland.
- The lenders to HES Hartel Tank Terminal B.V. - on the financing arrangements and project documents (construction contracts, storage agreements and land lease agreements) for the realization of a new tank terminal in the Port of Rotterdam.
- On the construction of onshore windfarm Drentse Monden en Oostermoer (the DMO Project), which consists of 45 wind turbines with a total installed capacity of 175.5 MW.
- BBGI SICAV S.A. (BBGI) - on their acquisition of equity interests in three public-private partnership projects in The Netherlands. The three Dutch PPP projects are the A1/A6 motorway widening, the N18 road expansion between Varsseveld and Enschede, and the Gemeente Westland Civic Centre.
- The lenders - on the refinancing of the 144 MW near shore wind farm project in the IJsselmeer off the coast of the Westermeerdijk and Noordermeerdijk in The Netherlands.
- ABN Amro - on the IBOR transition. The project was divided into five stages: the first three phases (scoping, setup and planning of the project) included the process and technology design of the due diligence. Phase 4 includes the due diligence of over 1,100 transactions. The due diligence was performed by the paralegal team in Newcastle who used artificial intelligence to extract the relevant information from the documents. Phase 5, the repapering of the transactions that need to be amended, will start early 2021.
January 07, 2021
January 06, 2021
France: Norton Rose Fulbright advises Société Générale on the financing of a triple acquisition by Excelya
July 29, 2020
Webinar | July 01, 2021
Publication | May 13, 2021
Publication | September 07, 2020