Our projects practice is one of the largest in the world, with over 350 project and project finance lawyers located across our 50+ offices. Collaborating across our global team, we act on some of the most innovative, complex and challenging projects in the world. Over the last four years, we closed 370 project finance transactions globally, totaling over US$157 billion – the most of any law firm by deal volume (IJGlobal Q1, 2021).
"Project finance forms a core of the firm's international platform." Chambers Global, 2021
We represent lenders, sponsors, developers, institutional investors, contractors, operators and government entities in major domestic and cross-border projects and project financings.
Our projects practice is driven by some of the most respected lawyers in the world who use their depth of experience to find solutions to complex issues. We take an innovative approach to debt and equity financing, enabling us to provide commercial and practical solutions to manage risk and ensure that projects reach a timely and cost-effective financial close. We offer clients a comprehensive understanding of the issues impacting the project finance sector and deliver sound legal advice on all aspects of a transaction.
Year after year we are recognized for our involvement in first-in-jurisdiction and first-in technology projects. We are market-leading practitioners with the ability to develop creative legal solutions to difficult business problems. We have a deep understanding of the structures, risk profiles and complex regulatory regimes that are critical to the success of closing ever more complex and groundbreaking transactions around the world.
Our areas of work include
- Agency finance
- Asset finance, including equipment financing
- Debt financing
- Energy projects, including LNG, oil and gas, renewables and power and transmission
- Infrastructure financing
- Political risk insurance
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Structured financing
- Tax equity
- Telecom financing
- Workouts and restructurings
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy: Mining and Minerals (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy: Oil and Gas (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy: Power (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2021
Inside COP26: Climate resilience
Global | Video | November 11, 2021Energy, infrastructure and resources