Banks and other debt providers, financial advisers, private equity sponsors, and corporate borrowers work with our global team of acquisition finance and corporate lending lawyers on all aspects of acquisition finance, including the structuring and documentation of sponsor-led leveraged buyouts, corporate-led acquisitions, bid financings and investment grade financings.
“Has an excellent breadth of experience relating to complex cross-border deals, with an exceptional track record on matters such as funds, loans, debt and acquisitions.” Chambers Global, 2019
Our lawyers are skilled at advising on local and multi-jurisdictional matters across the globe, and have played a leading role in many key leveraged buyout transactions involving complex acquisition finance deals on behalf of notable clients worldwide.
With more than 50 offices worldwide, including in the key business centers and emerging markets, our acquisition finance and corporate lending team offers clients a combination of strong market and commercial awareness, sector knowledge and years of significant experience spanning the full lifecycle of both large and mid-market transactions, including exit financings and restructurings.
Our areas of work include
- Asset-based finance
- Bid financings
- Corporate-led acquisitions
- Exit financings
- High-yield hybrid instruments
- Investment grade financings
- Leveraged buyouts
- PIK debt
- Private equity and venture capital
- Syndicated financings
- Trade purchases
- Warranted and warrantless mezzanine financing
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Africa-wide: Banking & Finance (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, South Africa: Banking & Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- IFLR 1000, South Africa: Banking, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018