Our insurance practice works with our clients to support their national and international business needs. We work hand in hand with our clients to understand the legal and commercial issues and provide practical, workable and cost effective solutions.
We understand the insurance industry and assist our clients in dealing with the effects of major developments which impact the insurance industry as well as their business, including:
- the continuing impact of the global financial crisis and the resulting rise in financial lines claims; the continuing spotlight on directors, and the widening of responsibilities and accountability of non-executive directors and senior management
- ongoing legislative changes affecting the insurance industry and the resulting implications for insurers
- changes in the regulation of financial planners and the impact on insurance in this area
Our strength lies in our people and our team who have a highly regarded reputation for being technically astute and with a keen eye for detail. For each client we designate a team of dedicated lawyers whose expertise best reflects the clients' business. Matching the right team of lawyers ensures that our clients' needs are handled efficiently and effectively.
We are recognised as having leading individuals in many industry journals and directories and our Australian partners are particularly noted in the areas of professional indemnity, public liability and UK insurance matters.
National and international reach
With offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney we are able to service the needs of our clients across Australia. We ensure our clients' interests are protected across all jurisdictions.
We have expertise in all classes of risk and act for and advise major local and overseas based insurers, brokers and agents, reinsurers, third party administrators, government and semi-government bodies, and a variety of corporations and employers.
We have proven expertise and strength in financial institutions; construction and engineering, medical liability and directors and officers risks, areas that raise complex indemnity and claims issues.
- Chambers Australia: Insurance: Insurer (Band 1), Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
- Legal 500 Australia: Insurance (Tier 1), Asia Pacific Legal 500 2017
- Best Takaful law firm, 2014, International Takaful Summit
- Insurance law firm of the year in England, 2012, Corporate Intl Magazine Global Awards
Subscribe to our Insurance Law Tomorrow blog for current information on cases, legislation and industry news.