Ben Allen is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer who acts for clients in Sydney, with particular expertise acting in disputes involving government as well as disputes relating to the technology and health/pharmaceutical sectors.
Ben has extensive experience in managing complex and sensitive disputes for both the public and private sector. Ben acts in a broad range of disputes relating to contracts, corporations law, equity and tortious claims generally. Ben also acts in property disputes relating to commercial leases and real property including claims for urgent injunctive relief. Ben’s work for the private sector includes acting in complex technology procurement disputes as well as disputes for those manufacturing health-related products or providing health services. Ben also acts for clients responding to regulator actions and initiating fraud related investigations or recovery actions.
Ben’s work for the public sector includes acting for various State and Commonwealth agencies in relation to contracting disputes, tortious claims and administrative law disputes in various courts and tribunals. In addition, Ben regularly presents training workshops to government about legal professional privilege; Model Litigant obligations; negotiations and advocacy skills; contract management; and detection and prevention of fraud in procurement contracts.
Ben’s experience includes:
- Commercial litigation, including commercial property litigation, technology related disputes and health and pharmaceutical disputes
- Public law, administrative law and government dispute resolution and advisory (including government procurement and funding disputes)
- Contract law advisory, contract interpretation and contract dispute management
- Alternative dispute resolution, including commercial arbitration, mediation and negotiation
- Fraud investigations, fraud recovery actions and other regulatory actions
- Privacy law and advice concerning Privacy Act breaches
- International law disputes, including international arbitration
In recent years we have seen a growing emphasis on corporate accountability across a number of business sectors from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals compan.
October 31, 2014
The highly anticipated decision of Halliburton Co v Erica P John Fund Inc  WL 2807181 (Halliburton), handed down in the United States Supreme Court on 23 June .
August 12, 2014
Our mining teams in Australia, China, South Africa, UK and the US have co-authored an article on whistle-blowing legislation within the mining sector..
October 31, 2014
Ben Allen comments on the proposal to introduce US-style contingency fees in Australia.
April 11, 2014