Ben Allen is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer who acts for clients in Canberra and Sydney, with particular expertise acting in disputes involving government.
Ben has extensive experience in managing complex and sensitive disputes for both the public and private sector. Ben acts in a broad range of disputes relating to contracts, corporations law, equity, negligence claims and other tortious claims generally. Ben also acts in property disputes relating to commercial leases and real property including claims for urgent injunctive relief.
Ben’s work for the public sector includes acting for various State and Commonwealth agencies in relation to contracting disputes, tortious claims and administrative law disputes. In addition, Ben regularly presents training workshops and seminars to government about dispute management planning; legal professional privilege; Model Litigant obligations; negotiations and advocacy skills; contract management; contractual provisions such as termination clauses, liquidated damages clauses, contractual variations and dispute resolution clauses; and detection and prevention of fraud in procurement contracts.
Ben’s experience includes:
- Public law, administrative law and government dispute resolution and advisory
- Commercial litigation, including commercial property litigation and Government procurement and funding agreement disputes
- Contract law advisory, contract interpretation and contract dispute management
- Alternative dispute resolution, including commercial arbitration, mediation and negotiation
- Privacy law and advice concerning Privacy Act breaches
- Fraud investigations and fraud recovery actions
- International law disputes, including international arbitration
With the campaigns now behind us, we turn to the future with a new Prime Minister and a Coalition Government. With this comes the question 'How could this change....
Australian Government Budget 2013-14 .