Norton Rose Canada is announcing that 11 of the firm’s lawyers have been appointed partners, effective January 1, 2012. As well, one of the firm’s patent agents has been appointed Of Counsel.
John Coleman, Managing Partner of Norton Rose Canada said:
“It’s exciting to welcome our new partners to Norton Rose Canada. They add depth to many of our key practice areas and demonstrate our new reach as a truly global law firm in Canada. They are leaders who will continue to help our clients grow domestically and around the world through our commitment to client service excellence. We are very proud to welcome them to the partnership.”
Four of the firm’s new partners are based in Calgary, four in Toronto, two in Montréal and one in Caracas, Venezuela. The firm’s new Of Counsel is based in Ottawa. Together, they serve clients in all six of Norton Rose Canada’s key industry areas of financial institutions; energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Norton Rose Canada is one of a small number of Canadian law firms with a leading practice in each of the three main markets in Canada (Calgary, Toronto and Montréal) and is the only major Canadian law firm with offices in Latin America.
Our international reach and strength with Norton Rose Group is a tremendous asset to Canadian clients looking to set up operations abroad, and non-Canadian clients looking to do business in Canada. Our lawyers share industry knowledge and sector expertise across borders, enabling us to support our clients across the world.
Admitted to the partnership:
Lori M. Bevan
- business ethics and anti-corruption; energy
- debt finance; derivatives; corporate finance and securities; corporate and commercial; mergers and acquisitions; asset-based lending; securitization; private equity.
- copyright and entertainment; intellectual property; privacy and access to information; technology; trade-marks and branding
- corporate and commercial; corporate finance and securities; mergers and acquisitions
Rubén Eduardo Luján
- banking and finance; corporate finance and securities; mining; mergers and acquisitions
Sébastien J-P Gardère
- intellectual property; trade-marks and branding; advertising and marketing; copyright and entertainment
- arbitration and alternative dispute resolution; class actions; litigation; media and communications
- antitrust, competition and regulatory; business ethics and anti-corruption
Suzana A. Lobo
- asset-based lending; corporate and commercial; debt financing
- administrative and public law; arbitration and alternative dispute resolution; business ethics and anti-corruption; class actions; litigation; product liability
- administrative and public law; arbitration and alternative dispute resolution; business ethics and anti-corruption; class actions; energy; litigation; product liability
Appointed Of Counsel:
Wayne H. Yan
- intellectual property; mining and resources; patents
For further information please contact:
Peter Zvanitajs, senior public relations advisor (English press), Norton Rose Canada LLP
Tel: +416 216 1871; Mob: +416 553 5789
Danielle Gill, senior public relations advisor (Calgary), Norton Rose Canada LLP
Tel: +403 267 8168; Mob: +403 836 3182
Johanna Pardo, senior public relations advisor, Norton Rose Canada LLP (French press)
Tel: +514 847 4921; Mob: +514 576 2399
Notes for editors:
About Norton Rose Canada LLP
Norton Rose Canada LLP is a member of Norton Rose Group, a leading international legal practice offering a full business law service to many of the world’s pre-eminent financial institutions and corporations from offices in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and Central Asia.
The Group’s lawyers share industry knowledge and sector expertise across borders to support clients anywhere in the world. The Group is strong in financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Norton Rose Group has more than 2900 lawyers operating from 43 offices in Abu Dhabi, Almaty, Amsterdam, Athens, Bahrain, Bangkok, Beijing, Bogotá, Brisbane, Brussels, Calgary, Canberra, Cape Town, Caracas, Casablanca, Dubai, Durban, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, London, Melbourne, Milan, Montréal, Moscow, Munich, Ottawa, Paris, Perth, Piraeus, Prague, Québec, Rome, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Warsaw; including associate offices in Dar es Salaam, Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta.
Norton Rose Group comprises Norton Rose LLP, Norton Rose Australia, Norton Rose Canada LLP, Norton Rose South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc.), and their respective affiliates.