Our global asset-based lending lawyers advise corporate borrowers and global financial institutions across the full range of asset-based lending (ABL) matters, including traditional commercial and corporate finance transactions, leveraged acquisitions and debtor-in-possession financings. Our leading ABL lawyers also advise on innovative, cross-border and other international lending ABL structures.
Clients rely on our legal guidance in identifying acceptable levels of risk in lender transactions. We know how to work seamlessly with domestic and foreign lenders in marketing, underwriting, credit and work-out functions, and have extensive experience acting on the financings of numerous multi-layered and multi-billion dollar leveraged acquisitions.
Based in the world’s financial centers and many key asset-based jurisdictions, our lawyers use their extensive knowledge of the international regulatory environments that underpin ABL transactions across the globe to provide sector-specific legal advice to various industries, including the retail, transport, manufacturing and energy industries on receivables and inventory financing, secured financing and equipment financing transactions.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Financial institutions
- Financial services and regulation
- Leveraged financing
- Receivables and inventory financing
- Retail and consumer markets
- Risk advisory
- Secured financing
- Working capital facilities
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Banking and Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2019
- Chambers Global, Canada: Banking and Finance, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- IFLR 1000, Canada: Banking, IFLR 1000, 2018
- Legal 500, Canada: Banking and Finance, The Legal 500, 2018