Insurathon 2018 is a start-up and innovative business focused pitch event, with the objective of supporting innovative technology and businesses in the insurance sector.
Entrants selected as finalists will compete for prizes of
- opportunity to collaborate with MS Amlin in a proof of concept or to co-develop a minimum viable product.
- opportunity for funding of a discretionary amount from Eos Venture Partners.
- up to £25,000 of UK legal and regulatory advice from Norton Rose Fulbright.
All finalists taking part will also have the benefit of 45 minute workshop clinics provided by industry experts.
The event is supported by
Also in partnership with InsTech London
Insurathon 2018 finalists
We are pleased to announce the finalists of Insurathon 2018:
- Glass AI
- Describe Data
- Digital Fineprint
- Sibyl AI
- Mckenzie Intelligence Services
Register here to attend the pitch event at 1pm on Friday 2 November.
When and where is it?
|Monday 22 October
||Final date to submit Insurathon applications
|Friday 26 October
|Friday 2 November
||Insurathon 2018 Pitch Event
||09:00 - 12:30
||Private workshops for participating start-ups (by invitation only)
||13:00 - 14:00
||Registration and lunch for interested parties, potential investors, judges and finalists
||14:00 - 17:00
||Start-up pitches to judging panel
||17:00 - 18:00
||Announcement of winners and networking drinks
Entry criteria - T’s & C’s
The event is aimed at helping those developing new insurance models and processes.
Entrants are expected to be start-up or scale-up technology businesses looking to develop a business concept in the insurance space. Established non insurance businesses looking to develop a concept in insurance with the assistance of the parties can also apply.
Participating businesses must have a focus on providing insurance related products or services. These can relate to any area of the insurance value chain, be it product, distribution, administration, underwriting, broking, claims, insurance or reinsurance.
The type of start-ups and businesses we would be interested to see proposals from include those developing technology or propositions relevant to
- insurance offerings which seek to digitise some or all parts of a particular insurance value chain using technology such as artificial intelligence (AI), chatbots, internet of things (IoT), analytics, and/or smart contract technology;
- commercial (re)insurance market across a broad range capability, such as platform, augmented underwriting, machine learning, claims, dynamic pricing, active risk management, data and analytics;
- novel insurance solutions and platforms, whether running off blockchain or similar technology, a secondary trading platform or an information sharing platform for (re)insurance;
- products or services that challenge the existing (re)insurance proposition and way of doing business.
When considering the finalists for the Insurathon 2018 pitch event, the judges will put an emphasis on the following
- Genuine insurance-related innovation. There must be a genuine innovation that the judging panel feels has potential to have significant impact to the (re)insurance market.
- Prospects for requirement for interesting and challenging legal or regulatory advice. The business idea may include a new or complex legal or regulatory issue or challenge which needs to be overcome before the idea can be implemented.
- Maturity of concept. Business concepts should be sufficiently mature and have (or at least be in the process of putting in place) the necessary arrangements for them to be viable businesses, for example, a mimimum viable product, , pilots, some commercial traction.
- Team and execution capability. Teams that have the experience to execute on the business model.
All finalists will be asked to agree to the Insurathon 2018 terms and conditions and any specific terms and conditions of any of the parties in advance. The parties reserve the right to unilaterally amend any aspect of the event.