Martin Osborne is a prominent lawyer in Employment and Industrial Relations law and heads Norton Rose Fulbright’s Employment and Labour practice in Australia.
Known for his attention to detail and focus on finding pragmatic solutions, Martin has advised clients in most industries and has particular experience in energy, resources, construction, government and quasi-government.
Martin enjoys getting results. Using his thorough, direct approach and attention to detail, his focus is on finding pragmatic solutions to his clients’ problems. He is experienced and well versed in all areas of workplace relations, both in an operations and a startup context, including:
- development of employment and industrial relations strategy and arrangements;
- negotiation of appropriate employment arrangements, including IR arrangements with relevant unions;
- employment contract and policy drafting and interpretation;
- strategic advice and representation in relation to issues surrounding dismissal and performance;
- advice on employment issues in M&A transactions, including transfer of business issues, due diligence and contractual terms;
- strategic and practical advice in relation to restructures and workplace change;
- construction tender assessment and negotiation in relation to employment provisions in contracts;
- review and drafting of employee relations management plans, and
- advising and representing employers in relation to employment and industrial relations issues and disputes with employees and unions.
Martin regularly represents clients in employment related litigation in the various State and Federal employment and equal opportunity tribunals and courts.
Employers can breathe a sigh of relief now that the High Court has held that a term of mutual trust and confidence is not implied by law into employment contracts.
September 11, 2014
There have been several recent legislative changes affecting Queensland based businesses in the building and construction industry including....
May 21, 2014
Our national Employment and Labour team praised for impressive work.
September 28, 2015
Our Employment & Labour team has won the Workplace Relations & Employment Team of the Year award..
September 18, 2015