Our real estate practice has extensive knowledge of planning and environmental law issues, combining this with a prominent global footprint to enable us to deliver practical solutions on major cross-border projects.
We act for developers, infrastructure providers, landowners and government entities, giving our team a holistic view of issues arising from large-scale infrastructure, power and real estate developments. Our experience covers the full scope of planning and environmental issues, including advising on planning and rezoning applications; amending planning schemes; managing environmental incidents and investigations; and negotiating with regulatory authorities.
Our areas of work include
- planning and rezoning applications
- planning scheme amendments
- planning enforcement notices and appeals
- development consent orders
- judicial review proceedings
- compulsory purchase orders.
Our recent experience
- Advising the City of Austin on a multiple phase public private partnership with a conservancy to develop and operate 28 acres of public facilities and parkland along the largest urban creek in the US, including the drafting and negotiation of a development agreement to design, finance, develop, construct, operate and manage the district.
- Advising DP World on its £1.5bn of London Gateway, a development that will combine the UK’s newest deep-sea container port with Europe’s largest logistics park.
- Carrying out planning due diligence in relation to the £400m purchase of Battersea Power Station in London by a joint venture backed by SP Setia Berhad, Sime Darby Berhad and the Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia.