Thomas is an energy and projects lawyer based in London. He has experience of a range of energy and infrastructure work, focussing on the power, water and oil & gas sectors.
Thomas advises governments, sponsors, international oil & gas companies, developers and lenders on major energy transactions. His practice spans the commercial contract and construction aspects of these projects through the negotiation, development and operational phases. He has helped deliver projects around the world, including in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the USA.
Thomas has spent time in our Dubai office and on secondment at ExxonMobil Corporation’s UK head office, where he advised on a range of upstream, midstream and downstream transactions, as well as decommissioning issues.
- The Water Services Regulation Authority (Ofwat) on the procurement and development of the £4bn Thames Tideway Tunnel sewer improvement project, a large diameter 25km sewer tunnel running beneath the River Thames in the centre of London.
- Lead contractor on the negotiation of EPC and related subcontracting arrangements for a new nuclear power plants to be built in the UK.
- Middle Eastern petrochemical producer on a potential U.S joint venture to develop and finance a circa 1.5MTPA petrochemical plant in Texas.
- Deutsche Bank on its project financing for Glennmont Partners’ £160m acquisition and further construction of a 40MW biomass plant in South Wales.
- The Crown Estate on its provision of funding for the initial 4 turbine pilot section of the MeyGen tidal power generation project in Scotland – one of the first tidal projects to be developed in the UK.
- Middle Eastern SPC in relation a US$100m expert determination and subsequent ICC arbitration against an Asian contractor relating to a large gas and fuel-oil fired power station, involving allegations of delay, prevention and defective work and issues surrounding the effect of concurrent delay.
- Major IOC on the negotiation of arrangements for the supply of associated gas from a significant deep water field offshore West Africa to the designated national offtaker, and on the related inter-partner joint venture arrangements.
- BP on the creation of a standard form framework agreement for use in procurement of EPCM and plant-related procurement services for use throughout their global network of processing plants.
- Marubeni Corporation and Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc. on their bid to develop and finance the 2,400MW and 130MIGD Facility D independent power and seawater desalination facility in Qatar.
- Saudi Oger, TAV and Al-Rajhi Group on the public private partnership for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of the Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah Al-Munawarah, Saudi Arabia.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales