David Carter is the firm's Commercial Director, leading change in how Norton Rose Fulbright deliver legal work. He has been central to the development of our flexible lawyer pool, our Newcastle Hub – which acts as a technology and innovation centre for the global firm – and our global tool for resource allocation. He oversees the firm's service delivery teams, including Pricing, Legal Project Management and Resource Management, ensuring new technology and optimal ways of working are made available and supported effectively across the lawyer population. He is also responsible for framing new ways of offering and delivering services to clients, made possible by our internal change and innovation programme, NRF Transform, which he co-ordinates globally.
David trained as a solicitor with the firm in London and Hong Kong. Before moving into management he practiced as a financing and projects lawyer, advising governments, sponsors and funders on major project financings and other structured finance transactions.
Example client projects delivered as part of NRF Transform:
- Creating a lean and standardised way of delivering banking conditions precedent and closings, using new technology and detailed process design, from our Newcastle Hub – now in use generally across the firm
- The renegotiation of 200+ contracts for a major European investment bank; with a central portal to track progress, ensure efficient working, and provide visibility to client management
- The automation of document production and workflow for a client's annual equity subscription programme, involving c.600 participants annually
- Delivery of a review exercise involving over 1,000,000 documents in 5 working days, for a court deadline, including the mobilisation of 45+ first line reviewers, and 20+ second line reviewers, over a weekend
- The bulk handling of claims for an airline as a one-stop-shop, from high-volume low-value claims for minor flight delays (in the aggregate a major client problem) to high value sophisticated claims
- Large scale verification of information (3000+ entries in 150+ jurisdictions) on public record, in a fully auditable and trackable way.
As with the other process sectors, the life science industries (comprising the pharmaceuticals, biotech and medical technology industries) rely on the construction and operation of high value and complex process plant infrastructure..
May 03, 2016
Over the last 18 months a European project bonds market has again become a reality..
March 20, 2015