Antoine Thibaud is a corporate lawyer based in Paris.
He advises international corporations operating in the natural resources and energy sectors on their projects in Francophone Africa, the OHADA region in particular. Over the past years, he has developed a specific expertise in the mining, oil, gas, and agriculture industries, where he has advised investors on a wide range of operations, including corporate acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, mining conventions, profit sharing agreements, project financing, regulatory and permitting processes.
He holds a Master in Law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and a Master in Business Law from the University of Paris Dauphine. He is admitted to the Paris Bar.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Antoine practiced for a number of years in two international law firms in both Paris and Singapore.
He is fluent in English as well as a native French speaker.
Antoine holds a Master in Law from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and a Master in Business Law from the University of Paris Dauphine.
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Advising a UK-based oil & gas company on its oil projects, including the negotiation of its profit sharing agreement with the Government
- Advising Eurasian Resources Group on various aspects of its mining projects, including on the acquisition of mining assets, the financing of its Metalkol project and on various corporate matters
- Advising Alphamin Resources Corporation on various aspects of its Bisie tin mine project, including in the framework of the acquisition by the Africa Finance Corporation of a minority stake in the share capital of its local exploitation company
- Advising Feronia Inc on various aspects of its agricultural project, including on corporate and financing aspects
- Advising Randgold Resources on the acquisition of a participation in the Moku-Beverendi gold project
- Advising AngloGold Ashanti on the sale of the Mongwalu gold mine
- Advising Shalina Resources in relation to the financing of the Etoile copper and cobalt mine
- Advising Tiger Resources in relation to its copper and cobalt projects including in the framework of its acquisition of 40% of Gécamines' shares in its local exploitation company and in respect to several transactions involving the financing of its mining operations
- Advising AngloGold Ashanti on various aspects of its Siguiri gold project, including the renegotiation of its mining convention with the Government and on various corporate aspects
- Advising Bellzone Mining in relation to the renegotiation of its mining convention with the Government
- Advising Alufer in relation to the financing of the Bel Air bauxite mine
- Advising a Houston-based power project developer and generation company in relation to its minority shareholding in a consortium appointed by the Government to build and operate an LNG terminal
- Advising La Mancha Resources on the merger with Endeavor Mining and on various aspects of its Ity gold project
- Advising a private investor in the acquisition of nickle mining assets
- Advising AngloGold Ashanti on various aspects of its Sadiola and Yatela gold projects, including on mining and corporate aspects
- Advising Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation on an equipment financing for a gold mine in Mali
- Advising Resolute Mining on various aspects of its Syama and Finkolo gold projects, including on mining and corporate aspects
- Advising a consortium of mining companies on the reform of the 2012 Mining Code initiated by the Government of the Republic of Mali in 2017.
- Advising an Australian investment fund on the financing of a gold mine in Senegal
- Advising an international trading group on the corporate reorganization of its fertilizers and input business
- Advising an international trading group on the acquisition of a shareholding in a Senegalese rice producer
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
Concluding a process initiated 4 years ago with the intention of modernizing the Senegalese mining sector, President Macky Sall signed, on 20 March 2017, a decree supplementing the new mining code that had been published on 24 November 2016..
May 17, 2017
Oil and gas production in Ivory Coast began in the 1980s. Despite political instability over the last decade and the civil war having led to a slow-down in investmen.
December 11, 2014
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright acted as lead counsel to Alphamin Resources Corp. (TSXV: AFM) on the project financing for the development of the Bisie tin mine located in the province of North Kivu in the Eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and operated by Alphamin Bisie Mining SA (ABM)..
December 18, 2017