Caroline Jodoin advises small, medium-sized and large provincially and federally regulated companies on all aspects of employment and labour law. She also represents them before various administrative courts, including interpreting and applying collective agreements, dismissals and occupational health and safety.
Ms. Jodoin also assists employers in the daily management of their labour or employment relations, regarding disciplinary action, administrative measures, termination, drafting of various policies (workplace harassment, alcohol and drugs, absenteeism), or occupational health and safety matters.
While at university, Ms. Jodoin served as a teaching assistant at the faculty of law of the University of Sherbrooke and was notably active with the organization Pro Bono Students Canada.
LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
M.B.A., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
- "Le processus d'évaluation du caractère représentatif d'une association de salariés au Québec tient-il toujours la route?" (co-author), Norton Rose Fulbright legal update, [online], August 2017.
- "Commentaire sur la décision Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Nord-de-l'Île de Montréal c. Jobin, ès qualités – Agiter l'épouvantail de la réorganisation du travail" (co-author), Bulletin en ressources humaines, Éditions Yvon Blais, June 27, 2017.
- "Workplace Reorganizations: Quebec Employers Beware" (co-author), The Lawyer's Daily, [online], June 21, 2017.
- "Minimum Wage Increase in Quebec: Some Employers are Flexing Their Muscles" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], May 8, 2017.
- "Does the Exercise of the Religious Right to Wear a Turban Override the Obligation to Wear a Safety Hat?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], October 5, 2016.
- "Improper Comments on Social Networks: A Serious Cause Justifying Dismissal?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], August 1, 2016.
- "Damages to the Reputation: A Serious Motive for Termination?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], July 13, 2016.
- "What Implications Does a Change in the Ownership of a Business Have for Employment?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], December 14 "Collective Consultation on Redundancy – What Obligations Do Employers Have?" (co-author), Global Workplace Insider, [online], February 25, 2015.
- "Harassment Complaint in the Workplace and Internal Investigations: Does Procedural Fairness Apply?" Global Workplace Insider, [online], January 15, 2015.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montréal, 2016.
- "Recent labour law developments," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montréal, 2015.
- "Drugs and alcohol in the workplace," Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, Montréal, 2014.
Memberships and activities
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Jeune chambre de commerce de Montréal
- Organizing committee, La Classique des Parrains, Édition 2015, Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
Join us as we review and discuss developments that occurred in employment and labour law in 2015, the issues they raise and their scope..
SeminarFebruary 18, 2016 | Montreal, QC, Canada
In a November 2016 decision, Mtre. Denis Gagnon, grievance arbitrator, rejected a union’s claim that employees on paternity leave were victims of discrimination based on sex and civil status because they were treated differently from employees on maternity leave or adoption leave..
April 28, 2017
Workplace reorganizations: Quebec employers beware .
June 21, 2017