Nick Kovtouchenko practises corporate and commercial law. His areas of focus include mergers and acquisitions (with a specific emphasis on private equity acquisitions, exits and reorganizations), exempt market finance transactions, and commercial arrangements.
Mr. Kovtouchenko has acted for a number of private equity funds and private investors in share and asset acquisitions of companies in various industry sectors, including technology, life sciences, construction and retail. He often acts in mandates involving complex, unique legal structures and commercial arrangements. Mr. Kovtouchenko regularly participates in the negotiation and drafting of governance documents, such as shareholders’, members’ and partnership agreements. Mr. Kovtouchenko also provides counsel to issuers in exempt market financings, with an emphasis on financings of early- to mid-stage technology companies.
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2013
B.A.(Hons.), York University, 2010
Mr. Kovtouchenko’s recent mandates include acting for:
- A global financial institution in connection with the creation of a special purpose commercial financing arrangement
- A Canadian listed issuer in connection with the acquisition of a privately held Canadian medical instruments distribution business
- A consortium of investors in connection with the establishment of a joint venture and a major project financing for a landmark development
- Several US private equity funds in connection with the acquisitions of assets of Canadian and US companies
- A number of private and listed issuers in connection with exempt market offerings of equity and debt securities to private and institutional investors
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association