Duncan Field is a planning lawyer based in London and leads our UK planning team. He advises clients on the consenting process for major developments in the UK, including transport and energy infrastructure, urban regeneration schemes, housing projects, retail, offices and industrial developments.
- MA (Cantab), Trinity Hall Cambridge University 1989-1992
- Bar Vocational Course (1992-1993)
- The Crown Estate – advising The Crown Estate over the past 15 years on its £1 billion Regent Street Vision investment programme and its £500 million investment plan for St James's in Central London, involving the development of landmark buildings for retail, office, hotel and residential uses.
- London City Airport – advising the airport on its development over the past 15 years including its c. £350 million City Airport Development Programme, helping to secure planning permission/ compulsory purchase orders (winning Property Team of the Year at The British Legal Awards 2016).
- OHL Desarrollos and Hinduja Group - advising on the redevelopment of the Grade II* listed Old War Office in Whitehall as a 125 bedroom luxury hotel and 88 residential apartments, together with other facilities.
- London Luton Airport – advice on the expansion of its facilities to accommodate 18 million passengers per annum.
- PD Ports – helping to secure planning permission and other statutory orders for a 1.5 million TEUs deep sea container terminal at Teesport and other port-centric logistics proposals.
- London Gateway Port - advising on the London Gateway Port and Logistics Park including the implementation of road widening works along the A13.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Localism and Planning, Bloomsbury Professional (2012)
- Permission in Principle under the Housing and Planning Act 2016: Considering an Australian approach, Journal of Planning & Environmental Law 2017
Memberships and activities
- City of London Law Society, Planning & Environment Committee
- Joint Planning Law Conference Committee
- Westminster Property Association
- National Infrastructure Planning Association
- Compulsory Purchase Association
- Town and Country Planning Association
On 7 February 2017 the Government published the much anticipated Housing White Paper (the Paper), entitled ‘Fixing our broken housing market’..
February 10, 2017
This article focuses on the development of electrical energy storage alongside existing and future renewable energy projects..
September 22, 2016
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been named Asia Pacific Legal Advisor of the Year and has been awarded 16 Deal of the Year accolades by IJ Global at regional ceremonies held in Dubai, Singapore, New York and London, this month..
March 30, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been named ‘Property Team of the Year’ by the British Legal Awards 2016. The Awards, held last night, showcase excellence across the legal sector..
November 25, 2016