Vincenzo Di Gennaro
Vincenzo Di Gennaro is an employment and commercial lawyer based in Milan.
Vincenzo focuses his practice on all aspects of employment and labour law, including corporate restructurings, transfers of business, mass redundancies, individual dismissals, employment contracts, HR regulations and policies, commercial and insurance agency and distribution law. He is also an experienced employment and commercial agency litigator.
Vincenzo graduated with honours (cum laude) from the University of Naples and is recipient of the Law Society of Naples' Lawyer Honours (Toga d'Onore al Merito), in recognition of position as "top ranking lawyer qualified in 2012/2013".
He is a member of the following professional associations: EELA - European Employment Lawyer Association (since 2015), Lawyers' association "Camera degli Avvocati civili di Napoli" (since 2014).
Vincenzo is Lecturer since 2017 at the Business School of Sole 24 Ore.
Prior to joining our practice in December 2014 he worked for a leading Italian boutique firm that specializes in employment law.
Vincenzo is a native Italian speaker. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- (2018) Assisting Regal Beloit Corporation on employment law matters relating to the acquisition of Nicotra Gebhardt (leader in critical, energy-efficient systems for ventilation and air quality) from Ergon Capital Partners
- (2018) Advising a major UK engineering company and a major US chemical company in the negotiations with several top level executives relating to the termination of their employment and director roles
- (2017) Advising the Italian division of a major UK insurance company in a collective dismissal procedure successfully concluded with an agreement with the Trade Unions
- (2016) Advising the Italian division of LyondellBasell on reaching a company-level agreement with the Trade Unions regarding industrial relations, redundancies and production bonuses
- (2016) Advising a German pharmaceutical corporation on employment and labour law issues relating to a transfer of business involving employees and agents
- (2016) Data privacy and financial services regulatory advice regarding a cloud based application that an international client planned to roll out to branches/subsidiaries around the world
- (2016) Advising a major UK engineering company in the implementation of antivirus software and on employee privacy issues
- (2015) Advising a US engineering company in a collective dismissal procedure involving more than 100 employees in Italy
- (2015) Advising a public non-Italian petrol company on employment law matters relating to the acquisition of five companies active in the renewable energy sector in Italy
- (2015) Advising a major US manufacturing company on employment law matters relating to the acquisition of an Italian company active in the production of compressors
- Avvocato, qualified in Italy
Rankings and recognitions
- Legalcommunity Italia Labour Report, The best in Italy (2017): Ranked; client comments included: “Vincenzo Di Gennaro is extremely competent and proactive. He has a great capacity for team-working, assuring clients first class assistance”.
- Winner “Emerging Labour Lawyer of the Year”, Legalcommunity Labour Awards 2016
Vincenzo was selected for the award because “He is an up and coming lawyer to watch in the Italian labour market. Sources say he is “professional and careful to deliver precise and timely advice and interact with clients].”
- Recipient of the Law Society of Naples’ Lawyer Honours (Toga d’onore), in recognition of position as “top ranking Italian lawyer qualified in 2012/2013”.
Join us for an afternoon seminar on Italian employment law reforms, presented by our dedicated team in Milan..
March 9, 2017
The first-ever whistleblowing regulation generally applicable to the private sector in Italy came into force on December 29, 2018, with the passage of Law No. 179/2017 (the Law)..
May 04, 2018
Countries across Europe have differing requirements relating to the validity of non-competition agreements between employers and employees following the termination of an employment contract. We provide a brief comparative analysis of the requirements in Italy, Germany, France, Poland, the Netherlands and the UK..
August 25, 2017
Attilio Pavone and Vincenzo Di Gennaro explain new rules regarding dismissal procedures in Italy, to take effect as of January 1, 2017..
October 26, 2016
Attilio Pavone and Vincenzo Di Gennaro explain the Italian laws regarding revocation of an agency contract from an employment law perspective (art. 1750 of the Italian Civil Code)..
July 20, 2016