Janice Feigher is a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer based in Paris.
She has extensive experience in relation to arbitration matters, with a focus on international commercial arbitration.
She has appeared before tribunals in both ad hoc and institutional arbitrations. Her experience also encompasses litigation and mediation.
Prior to joining the practice, Janice practiced 10 years in two other leading international law firms.
In 2017, Janice was seconded to the in-house legal department of a major player in the Energy sector.
She is a co-chair of the CFA40, the French Arbitration Committee's under 40 group, CFA-40.
She is a graduate of the Universities Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and King’s College London where she obtained a double degree in English law and French law.
She was admitted to the Paris Bar in 2007 and as Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2006.
She speaks French, English and Italian.
LLB in English and French law, King's College London and Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Representing a Moroccan real estate group in a dispute against Bahraini investors arising out of the termination of a development project in Morocco (ICC, Casablanca, Moroccan law, €65 million).
- Representing the UK subsidiary of a Canadian leader of procurement and engineering services in a dispute against a Russian EPC contractor in relation to the upgrade of an oil production plant in the Arctic (ICC, Paris, French law, USD 30 million).
- Advising an Italian shipowner on the interpretation and performance of a bare boat charter agreement under French law and Italian law in a pre-arbitration context.
- Representing a leading group in the rail sector as part of a dispute with a Russian EPC contractor and for the construction of a railway line in North Africa (ICC, Paris, Russian law, €150 million).
- Representing an American company operating in the nuclear sector in the context of a dispute with a European nuclear group regarding the existence of a lack of conformity in the delivered material (ICC Brussels, French law, €20 million).
- Representing an Italian company operating in the renewable energy sector in the context of a dispute with a financial institution for the construction of a hydroelectric plant in the Balkans (ICC, Paris, Italian law, €250 million).
- Representing an Italian manufacturer of aircraft equipment in arbitration proceedings against a European airline relating to the termination of a contract for the development and delivery of equipment (ICC Frankfurt, German law, US$20 million).
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
Rankings and recognitions
- Recognised as a Rising Star in International Arbitration by Legal Media Group in the 2016 and 2017 editions of its Experts Guide
- Arbitration : what the CETA could change, Les Echos Business, 17 November 2016 (interview of Janice Feigher and Martin Valasek)
- Salient Issues in the OHADA Arbitration Framework" TDM 4 (2016), www.transnational-dispute-management.com, October 2016
- OHADA arbitration at the crossroads, International Arbitration Report issue 7, September 2016 (with Christian Dargham).
- Report on the ICC Young Arbitrators’ Forum symposium of 28 January 2016 on Arbitration in the hotel industry, Cahiers de l’Arbitrage/Paris Journal of International Arbitration, 2016/1, page 134.
- Director of publication of a bilingual case law review on the Vienna CSIG 1980 in the International Business Law Journal.
- Speaker, Unlawfully obtained evidence, Search for the Truth v Procedural Abuse, CEA40/ICC YAF/ Arbit event, Naples, October 2017
- Moderator, ICC YAF Panel discussion on security for costs: A myth or a reality? Paris, April 2017
- Speaker, conference on the valuation of quantum in international arbitration with Prof. Georges Affaki, international arbitrator and Frédéric Elkeslassy, financial expert (EY Dispute Services), June 2016.
- Speaker, conference on the recent reforms introduced by the ICC with Alexis Mourre, President of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC, March 2016.
- Speaker, conference on “Anatomy of an international commercial arbitration”, organised by Norton Rose Fulbright, Paris, September 2015.
- Speaker, Arbitration in Merger Control, Association for International Arbitration, Brussels, May 2014.
Memberships and activities
- ICC YAF
- ASA Below 40
- Law Society
Paris Very Young Arbitration Practitioners and Norton Rose Fulbright Paris are pleased to invite you to meet Loretta Malintoppi, Arbitrator with 39 Essex Chambers..
July 11, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright is delighted to announce that seven of its lawyers have been listed in the second annual ‘Future Leaders – Arbitration’ guide, published by Who’s Who Legal..
November 23, 2017
Eight Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers across EMEA have been recognised in Euromoney’s “Rising Stars 2016” guide..
July 22, 2016