Reece Corbett-Wilkins is an insurance lawyer based in Sydney.
Reece advises on a wide range of insurance issues including construction & engineering, financial services & directors and officers, professional indemnity including medical negligence and general liability claims. He provides advice on both liability and indemnity issues as well as representing Insurers’ interests in subrogated litigation disputes.
Reece also has experience as a commercial litigation and dispute resolution lawyer advising and acting in insolvency proceedings including bankruptcy proceedings, the appointment of receivers and managers and liquidators over companies, and mortgage enforcement.
Reece has previously completed a secondment to the Norton Rose Fulbright Perth office, where he worked in the commercial litigation team acting for various mining clients.
Reece has an active interest in the emerging cyber risks that companies and their officers face, and is keeping an eye on the way in which cyber risks will transform the insurance market in the coming years.
- Advising Insurers in respect of claims arising from the collapse of Opes Prime
- Assisting in the defence of a government instrumentality in connection with the 2011 Queensland Floods and the operation of the Wivenhoe Dam. The scale of the event led to a long running Commission of Inquiry being conducted, with damages arising from the flood estimated to be in excess of $2 billion
- Tricia Hobson, Jehan-Philippe Wood, Reece Corbett-Wilkins and Rachel Pearce, 'Under lock and key: facing challenges and opportunities in preventing and protecting against cyber risks' (2016) 26(6) Inhouse Counsel 122.
- Tricia Hobson, Ray Giblett and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘Terrorism related property damage and business interruption losses: is cover lost in cyberspace?’ (2016) 32(2-3) Insurance Law Bulletin 23.
- John Moran and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘Cyber – the year in review: crown jewels, selfies and the view on the horizon’ on Norton Rose Fulbright Insurance Update(July 2015).
- Ray Giblett and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘Australian terrorism insurance laws: no panacea’ (2015) 31(3) Insurance Law Bulletin 30.
- Paul Baram and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘Galaxy Homes: round three’ (2013) 28(7) Insurance Law Bulletin 110.
- Susannah Mitton and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘Directors and Officers Liability for Corporate Fault – Update’ on Norton Rose Fulbright Insurance Update (July 2013).
- John Moran and Reece Corbett-Wilkins, ‘The Insurance Contracts Amendment Act 2013’ on Norton Rose Fulbright Insurance Update (July 2013).
Memberships and activities
- Law Society of New South Wales
- New South Wales Young Lawyers Association
Cyber risk, which is a broad concept that encompasses all risks that arise from the use of technology and data, has recently undergone a surge in prominence..
December 07, 2016
We start off with an annual review of the issues facing insurers underwriting Cyber risks and provide our insight on the impact of digital disruption on insurers..
July 14, 2015