Senior knowledge lawyer
Claire Edwards is a senior knowledge lawyer providing know-how and thought leadership support for the infrastructure, mining and commodities team in the banking and finance group in London. Claire provides bespoke legal training internally to lawyers and externally to clients, keeps lawyers and clients up to date on current legal issues/developments, drafts legal documentation and provides assistance with legal queries.
Prior to joining the practice, Claire worked as a transactional lawyer for leading international law firms in both London and Sydney. Claire has advised financial institutions, sponsors and government departments on the legal aspects of complex project finance transactions, mainly in the infrastructure sector.
- BA Hons Jurisprudence, St Anne's College, Oxford University
- Barclays and EKF as funders - £90 million funding of the Cramlington Biomass project
- Green Investment Bank and ESB as sponsors - £100 million funding of the Tilbury Biomass project
- Shanks and Scottish and Southern Energy as sponsors - £88 million Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham Waste project
- Education Funding Authority - £700 million financing of the Priority School Building Programme
- Infinis and Terra Firma as sponsors - £300 million refinancing of a wind farm portfolio
- Assured Guaranty as financial guarantor - £83 million bond financed Brunswick social housing project
- Skanska and other sponsor parties - SEK9.3 billion (£820 million equivalent) financing of the Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden
- Skanska, Balfour Beatty and other sponsor parties - £1 billion financing of the M25 road widening project
- OMV as developer - €300 million financing by EIB for the development of the Samsun power project in Turkey
- Barclays Bank, RBS and Lloyds TSB as funders - £118 million Greenwich BSF project
- Barclays Bank and National Australia Bank as funders - £26 million Blackpool street lighting project, £21 million Oldham street lighting project and £21 million Rochdale street lighting project
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2003
- Solicitor, qualified in New South Wales 2006
A five day course on security and insolvency issues builds on the basic elements covered in the Banking Academy (our foundation course for junior finance lawyers and clients held every year in Spring and Autumn)..
November 13-17, 2017