Gustavo is an asset finance lawyer based in London in the aviation team. Gustavo regularly advises clients on aircraft finance and fleet matters for airlines, banks and lessors and supports our knowledge team in aviation-specific matters, including on EU aviation law matters.
- Adv. L.L.m. in Air and Space law, Leiden University, 2015 (cum laude)
- Lawyer, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Caracas, 2007
- Advising KLM on several JOLCO (Japanese operating lease with call option) transactions.
- Advising LATAM on general fleet and financing matters.
- Advice to Interglobe Aviation Limited on an operating lease transaction.
- Lawyer, qualified in Venezuela (Miranda State)
Rankings and recognitions
- Constance O'Keefe Legal Writing Award, Outstanding legal scholarship in the field of Aviation law. Seoul, Republic of Korea. International Air Transport Association (IATA), 2015.
- Co-author, IACAO's new Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and what it means for airlines, October 2016.
- Planetary Protection Obligations of States Pursuant to the Space Treaties and with Special Emphasis on National Legislation Provisions, GlobaLex 2014.
- Co-author, Ratification of the Cape Town Convention by the United Kingdom. Clyde & Co - Aviation Newsletter, 2015.
- Ratification of the Cape Town Convention by the United Kingdom. The Aviation & Space Journal, 2015.
- The Law of Unmanned Aircraft Systems - European Aviation Safety Agency. Wolters Kluwer, 2016.
- Visiting Lecturer. International Institute of Air and Space law. Leiden University, 2016.
Memberships and activities
- Chairman of the International Institute of Air and Space Law Alumni Foundation - Leiden University, 2015 - present.
The global climate deal reached in respect of aviation at the International Civil Aviation Organisation’s (ICAO) General Assembly in September and October 2016 has been hailed in the press as a historic first..
October 14, 2016