Michael Viner practises securities and corporate law with a focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions. Mr. Viner has acted for both public and private companies in a broad range of industries, including the medical marijuana, technology, franchise, investment management and banking industry sectors.
Mr. Viner also advises on matters relating to corporate governance and continuous disclosure as well as on general corporate and commercial matters.
J.D., Queen's University, 2015
B.A., McGill University, 2011
Mr. Viner's recent mandates include acting for:
- A private company operating in the electronics distribution sphere in its acquisition of a private company
- A private company in the hospitality industry in its sale to a private equity firm
- A private company in the medical technology industry regarding a major investment from the investment arm of a quasi-government institution
- A publicly listed company in the medical marijuana industry regarding the acquisition of certain assets of a private company
- A private company in the medical marijuana industry in connection with various private placement financings
- International Finance Corporation in its investments in President Energy PLC and in Tinka Resources Limited
- Equicapita Investment Corp. in its acquisition of a restaurant franchisor, Smitty's Canada Ltd., and its acquisition of a salon products distributor, ESP Salon Sales
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association