Deanne M. Barrow
Deanne Barrow’s practice focuses on the representation of sponsors, lenders and investors in the development and financing of energy and infrastructure projects.
- 2011 - LL.M., Energy and Environmental Law, with highest honors, Thomas Burgenthal Scholarship, George Washington University Law School
- 2007 - B.A., Law, with honors, University of Cambridge
- Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, Sir Dingle Foot Award
- 2004 - B.S., Chemical Engineering, with highest honors, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ongoing representation of lenders in connection with the financing of utility-scale solar PV and storage projects in Hawaii.
- Represented a consortium of lenders in connection with the US$2.3 billion financing of the Southland repowering project in southern California sponsored by The AES Corporation. The Southland repowering project consists of 1,284 MW of combined-cycle natural gas generation and 110 MW of battery-based energy storage.
- Represented Dividend Finance, LLC in connection with a warehouse aggregation facility to finance residential solar loans.
- Represented SunPower Corporation in connection with a tax equity financing for a portfolio of residential solar projects.
- Represented NRG Renew LLC, a division of NRG Energy, Inc., in connection with a tax equity financing for a portfolio of commercial and industrial solar projects.
- Represented the developer in connection with the sale of an 84 MW solar project in North Carolina.
- Represented the lender in connection with the holdco financing of a 625 MW gas-fired power project in Arizona.
- Represented the lenders in connection with the US$4.025 billion financing of Train Two of the US$12.5 billion Freeport LNG liquefaction and export project in Texas. The transaction was named “Americas Deal of the Year” for 2014 by Project Finance International.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the Rule 144A/Regulation S issuance of US$1.25 billion of senior secured notes by FLNG Liquefaction 2, LLC.
- Represented I Squared Capital on the purchase of Duke Energy's Latin American businesses in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina for a US$1.2 billion enterprise value.
- Represented International Finance Corporation (IFC), Central American Bank For Economic Integration, Bancolombia, Banco General and Global Bank on the financing of the US$1 billion Colón LNG to Power Project in Panama, sponsored by The AES Corporation and Inversiones Bahía. The project is the largest combined–cycle power project (380 MW) and the first LNG import terminal to be built in Panama.
- Represented IFC and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in a US$212.5 million construction loan facility for the 100 MW Amanecer solar project in Chile.
- Represented the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and other multilateral institutions and commercial banks in their US$140 million project financing of Maple Energy's US$254 million ethanol production facility and associated 37 MW power plant and sugar plantation in Peru.
- Represented the IDB in its US$70 million investment in a total US$175 million securitization program over diversified payment rights (DPRs) arising primarily out of remittances to persons in El Salvador from family members abroad.
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Webinar: Energy Storage - Drivers and Pitfalls, March 2018
- "Energy Storage in Latin America and the Caribbean," Project Finance NewsWire, February 2018
- "ERCOT: Shrinking Reserve Margin," Projects & Money 2018 (moderator), New Orleans, January 2018
- "Taking on Storage, Part One and Part Two," Renewable Energy World, January 2018
- "Financing Projects with CCA Contracts," Community Choice Energy Summit (moderator), Santa Clara, CA, November 2017
- Webinar: The Effects of Community Choice Aggregation on the California Power Market, October, 2017
- "Southland Charges Up Battery Storage Financings," Project Finance News (Blog), September 2017
- "Southland: A Milestone in Financing Energy Storage," Energy Storage Updater, Sixth Edition, September 2017
- "Financing Energy Storage Projects: Assessing Risks: Part One and Part Two," Renewable Energy World, July 2017
- "Financing Projects with Community Choice Aggregators," Project Finance NewsWire, June 2017
- "Huge Potential New Demand for Power, says Chadbourne staff," Windpower Engineering & Development, October 2016
- "Huge Potential New Demand For Power: Part One and Part Two," Renewable Energy World, November 2016
- "Another Potential Offtaker: Community Choice Aggregators," Project Finance NewsWire, August 2016
- "Massachusetts Law Authorizes Energy Storage Mandate," Project Finance News (Blog), August 2016
- "Claims in a U.S. Patent application directed to an idea or concept," KQH Blog, July 2014
- "Senate to Consider Geothermal Leasing Measure," Project Finance News (Blog), July 2013
- "Peru to Start New Solar Program," Project Finance News (Blog), July 2013
- "European Union Imposes Anti-dumping Duties on Chinese Solar Imports," Project Finance News (Blog), June 2013
Memberships and activities
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registration (Patent Bar), 2013
- Research Fellow, Environmental and Social Safeguards Unit, Inter-American Development Bank, 2010–2013
New community choice aggregators may face delays in starting up in California. .
April 10, 2018
Adding an electric vehicle to a household doubles the electricity load..
April 10, 2018
Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised I Squared Capital on the purchase of Duke Energy’s Latin American businesses in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina for a US$1....
October 11, 2016
Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised the initial purchasers in connection with the offer and sale by FLNG Liquefaction 2, LLC (FLIQ2) of US$1.25 billion of 4....
July 22, 2016