Shivani is an associate in the Dallas office. Her practice focuses on financial restructuring and insolvency matters.
Prior to joining the Dallas office, Shivani served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Catherine R. Aron in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Middle District of North Carolina. While in law school, Shivani was active in the Wilhelm C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. Shivani also served as a judicial extern for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the United States Trustee for Region 11 for the Northern District of Illinois.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2015
- BA, Government, The University of Texas, 2010
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Author, "Takata - anatomy of a complex cross-border restructuring," Norton Rose Fulbright International Restructuring Newswire, October 23, 2018
- Author, "Considerations For Appointing Equity Committees In Ch. 11," Expert Analysis Law360, LexisNexis, March 2018
- Author, "For Equity's Sake: the Appointment of Equity Committees in Bankruptcy Cases," US Financial Restructuring Newswire, Spring 2018
Memberships and activities
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL)
In the face of the largest recall in automotive history, Takata Corporation and its subsidiaries worldwide implemented one of the largest and most complex global restructurings seen in years..
October 23, 2018
Over the last several years, equity security holders have increasingly requested the appointment of official equity committees to represent their interests in bankruptcy cases..
March 15, 2018