Shivani is an associate in the Dallas office. Her practice focuses on financial restructuring and insolvency matters.
Prior to joining the Dallas office, Shivani served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Catherine R. Aron in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Middle District of North Carolina.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2015
- BA, Government, The University of Texas, 2010
While in law school, Shivani was active in the Wilhelm C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. She was a research assistant for Professors Charles J. Tabb and Robert M. Lawless. Shivani also served as a judicial extern for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and the United States Trustee for Region 11 for the Northern District of Illinois.
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Author, "Considerations For Appointing Equity Committees In Ch. 11," Expert Analysis Law360, LexisNexis, March 2018
- "For Equity's Sake: the Appointment of Equity Committees in Bankruptcy Cases," US Financial Restructuring Newswire, Spring 2018
Memberships and activities
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL)
Over the last several years, equity security holders have increasingly requested the appointment of official equity committees to represent their interests in bankruptcy cases..
March 15, 2018
SCOTUS Merit decision significantly impacts the ability of a plaintiff to prosecute avoidance actions.
March 15, 2018