Russell Dufault is an associate based in Toronto. He practises in all areas of corporate and commercial law with a particular focus on banking and finance matters. Russell's experience includes acting for lenders and borrowers in domestic and cross-border financing transactions, syndicated lending and film production financing.
- LL.M., University of Manitoba, 2012
- LL.B., University of Westminster, 2011
- B.Sc., University of Manitoba, 2006
Russell has recently acted for the following clients:
- The Toronto-Dominion Bank in connection with the senior secured term and revolving cash flow credit facilities in favour of Roots Corporation with respect to the acquisition of Roots by Searchlight Capital Partners
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with its Canadian mortgage-backed securities business
- PNC Bank, National Association in connection with an asset-based revolving credit facility in the principal amount of U.S.$125 million in favour of, amongst others, A.M. Castle & Co.
- Wajax Corporation in connection with the increase of its senior secured credit facilities and the redemption of all of its outstanding 6.125% senior notes due October 23, 2020
- Manitoba 2014
- Ontario 2015
Memberships and activities
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Law Society of Manitoba
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association