Andrew Steele is a real estate lawyer based in Sydney and is recognised as one of Australia's leading property lawyers.
Andrew focuses on both advice and transactional aspects of property law and acts for a range of clients including fund managers, financial institutions, restructuring and insolvency practitioners and developers.
Andrew regularly advises on the development, acquisition and disposal of industrial, retail and commercial properties, negotiating development agreements, joint venture documents and management agreements and commercial and industrial leases.
Andrew's career highlights include projects directed at creating employment, transforming communities and significant portfolio transactions. He has worked with Goodman on the development of significant industrial estates such as the Oakdale Industrial Estate in western Sydney and alongside GPT on its community focussed projects at Rouse Hill Town Centre and Newcastle CBD. Andrew acted for Eureka Real Assets on its disposal of a portfolio of five hotels located throughout Australia. He also acted for Celestino on the acquisition and development of land at Box Hill for the A$4bn master-planned community development, The Gables.
- Bachelor of Arts - Bachelor of Law, University of Auckland 1998
- Supreme Court of New South Wales 2000
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New Zealand 1998
Rankings and recognitions
- Listed as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific for Real Estate, 2017, 2016 and 2015
- Listed as an expert in Real Property Law in Best Lawyers, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014
- Recognised in Chambers Asia-Pacific for Real Estate, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012
- Recommended in Doyle's Guide to Australia's Leading Property Lawyers, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013
Memberships and activities
- Property Council of Australia