Tomasz Rogalski is a banking, projects and restructuring lawyer based in Warsaw. He heads our energy and infrastructure practice in Warsaw. He is also a licensed restructuring advisor (doradca restrukturyzacyjny) and is qualified to act as a trustee (syndyk) in bankruptcy proceedings and a supervisor (nadzorca) or administrator (zarządca) in restructuring proceedings.
He advises on variety of domestic and cross-border banking and finance transactions and has extensive experience advising both the lenders and borrowers in project finance, real estate finance, leveraged finance and corporate lending transactions. Tomasz has considerable experience in energy (including renewables, trading and regulations) and infrastructure matters and also financial restructuring and insolvency workouts.
Tomasz also focuses on financial services in relation to trading in financial instruments, including derivatives and brokerage services and regulatory matters involving MiFID II, MAR, EMIR and REMIT regulations.
- University of Warsaw (Faculty of Law and Administration) - 2005
- Diploma course in English and EU law at the British Centre for English and European Legal Studies co-organised by the University of Cambridge - 2005
- Warsaw School of Economics (postgraduate banking studies) - 2006
- Legal adviser's training programme (aplikacja radcowska) - 2006 - 2009
- Restructuring adviser (Doradca restrukturyzacyjny) 2017
- Legal adviser (Radca prawny) 2009
Rankings and recognitions
- "Rising star in Banking, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance", International Financial Law Review 1000 2019
- "Talented negotiator with a good sense of humour" and "business acumen and understanding of how banking business operates", Chambers & Partners, Poland - Banking & Finance 2018
- "Rising star in Banking, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance", International Financial Law Review 1000 2018
- "I would certainly recommend him. I like the way he looks for solutions. He is a business-oriented person." ,Chambers & Partners, Poland - Banking & Finance 2017
- "Rising star in Banking, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance", International Financial Law Review 1000 2017
- "Quite impressive" and "highlight his negotiation skills", Chambers & Partners, Poland - Banking & Finance 2016
- "Very helpful and knowledgeable", Chambers & Partners, Poland - Banking & Finance 2015
- "A very talented lawyer who is capable of running transactions on his own", Chambers & Partners, Poland - Banking & Finance 2014
Tomasz has authored publications on capital markets, secured lending and bankruptcy law and in particular the following publications:
- Commodities and commodity derivatives. Legal aspets of trading (Towary giełdowe i towarowe instrumenty pochodne. Prawne aspekty obrotu), C.H. Beck May 2011
- Impact of MiFID on trading in commodities and commodity derivatives (Wpływ implementacji Dyrektywy MiFID na obrót towarami i towarowymi instrumentami pochodnymi), cire.pl, July 2009
- Cash account blockade (Blokada rachunku pieniężnego), Prawo bankowe (Banking law) 1/2008 & 2/2008
- LMA Warsaw seminar (October 2018) - "LMA documentation in insolvency situation"
- ACCA Warsaw seminar (October 2017) - "New restructuring law and reform of the bankruptcy law"
- LMA Warsaw seminar (October 2017) - "Post-closing and loan administration"
- ACCA Warsaw seminar (May 2017) - "How to prepare yourself well for the loan transaction?"
- LMA Warsaw seminar (October 2016) - "LMA term sheet and mandate letter documentation"
- LMA Warsaw seminar (October 2015) - "Using LMA documentation in the local market"
Memberships and activities
International Bar Association
At the European Union level Poland has a binding target of 15 per cent.
November 30, 2018
Na poziomie Unii Europejskiej Polska ma obowiązek do 2020 r. osiągnąć 15-procentowy udział energii elektrycznej ze źródeł odnawialnych w końcowym zużyciu energii elektrycznej. Ustawa z dnia 20 lutego 2015 r. o odnawialnych źródłach energii (Ustawa o OZE) przewiduje stopniowe przejście od sy stemu świadectw pochodzenia do systemu aukcyjnego..
November 15, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has appointed 26 of counsel across Europe, Middle East and Asia. .
June 06, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised a consortium of banks on a PLN 629 million loan facility to be made available to Polish transport company, Przewozy Regionalne sp. z o.o..
December 20, 2016