Suzanne Wood is a lawyer and a project manager certified by the Project Management Institute. She has practised in our Toronto litigation group since 2003, defending companies and individuals in a variety of lawsuits including complex commercial and pharmaceutical class actions and restructurings. Ms. Wood now focuses exclusively on implementing legal project management across our Canadian practice.
Ms. Wood has significant experience in the application of formal project management techniques to promote efficiency and predictability in legal services. This experience includes the management of numerous document review projects, including those occurring in multiple jurisdictions and involving millions of reviewable records.
LL.B., Western University, 2002
Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2012
B.A.(Hons.), Queen’s University, 1999
Ms. Wood has acted recently for the following clients:
- Nortel Networks, in connection with its filing under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA), the filing of its US subsidiaries under Chapter 11 of the US Bankruptcy Code, and the filing of other subsidiaries under administration in the UK pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986
- Gildan Activewear Inc., in defending a shareholder misrepresentation class action regarding earnings guidance, including proposed civil secondary market liability claims under recent amendments to the Ontario Securities Act
- Iovate Health Sciences Inc., as principal shareholder, in respect of the CCAA and US cross‑border proceedings involving MuscleTech Research & Development Inc.
- A luxury hotel company in a trade-mark litigation matter pursuant to section 57(1) of the Trade-marks Act (successfully upholding the trade-mark registrations)
- Videotron, in connection with a successful injunction to stop Oxford Properties from dismantling a fibre optic network running through Toronto
- Nereus Financial, in connection with a successful shareholder oppression application
Memberships and activities
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- PMI Legal Project Management Community of Practice
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Toronto Lawyers’ Association