Partner, Lawyer, Patent Agent, Trade-mark Agent
Since entering the legal profession, Lorelei Graham has worked exclusively in the area of intellectual property. She has developed a practice that addresses all aspects of a client’s intellectual property needs, from initial consultations regarding IP strategies to drafting, filing and prosecuting patents, trade-marks, industrial designs and copyright in front of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, the United States Patent and Trademark Office and internationally.
Ms. Graham advises on complex IP issues for national and international clients and provides a business-minded approach to solving these issues. She is registered to practise in both the Canadian and the United States patent and trademark offices and manages IP portfolios on an international level for a wide variety of clients in a variety of disciplines including mechanical, bio-mechanical, agricultural, food industry and environmental areas.
She also works with emerging businesses, advising entrepreneurs on timely and cost-efficient IP strategies that work within their business goals. Ms. Graham believes in partnering with clients and providing a team approach to solve their legal issues. She has also developed an award-winning entrepreneurial legal program. She frequently speaks on a variety of IP topics across the country at a number of universities, client-sponsored events and community initiatives.
Ms. Graham is national leader of our Canadian brands team.
LL.B., University of Victoria, 1992
B.S., Biochemistry, Mills College, 1988
Ms. Graham has acted recently for the following clients:
- A number of national and international clients on their patent and trade-mark portfolios
- Emerging businesses on intellectual property strategies, including original drafting and prosecution
- Mechanical, bio-mechanical, agricultural based, food industry and environmental clients for original patent drafting
- A number of national clients for rebranding
- A number of universities and hospitals for intellectual property filings
- Multimedia application developers for innovative marketing and branding strategies
- Canada (patents) 2005
- Canada (trade-marks) 2002
- United States (patents) 2006
- Ontario 1994
Rankings and recognitions
- Legal Sales and Service Organization Inc. (LSSO) 2008 - Rainmaker of the Year (Female)
Memberships and activities
- Toronto Biotechnology Initiative
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Ontario Agri Business Association
Farming is entering a new era of technological evolution to meet the challenges of the 21st century..
June 01, 2016