Craig Hoskins practises in a wide range of corporate finance and transactional areas. He advises public and private corporations, as well as underwriting groups and private equity investors, on equity and debt financing, corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions matters, including foreign investment issues faced by international investors entering the Canadian marketplace.
Mr. Hoskins has significant experience advising private equity investors in a wide array of technology, manufacturing and oil and gas businesses as well as participants in the Alberta and Saskatchewan oil sands industries, pipeline and infrastructure industries, and advising in-bound investment from Asia.
He is regularly a speaker on corporate finance and foreign direct investment matters in Canada and Asia.
Year of call
LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1990
M.L.S., University of Alberta, 1986
B.Mus., University of Alberta, 1982
- "Canada's Legal Environment and Investment Climate" (co-presenters: Christian Paradis, Bruce Graham), Canada-Hong Kong Investment Opportunities Conference, Hong Kong, April 2013.
- "Investing in Canada: Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," China State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council, Outbound Investment Forum, Beijing, June 2012.
- "Investing in Canada," 4th Annual GIC Outbound Investment Summit Conference, Beijing, June 2012.
- "Special Committees: Their Role in Addressing Risk," 6th Board Risk Management Course, Federated Press, Calgary, March 2012.
- 9th Annual Advanced Mergers and Acquisitions Seminar (faculty member), Insight, Calgary, fall 2011.
- Intensive Course on Securities Law and Practice (faculty member), The Canadian Institute, Calgary, fall 2011.
Rankings and recognitions
- IFLR (International Financial Law Review) 1000 - The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms - Leading lawyer in Capital Markets, 2014
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Board of Directors, Honens International Piano Competition
- Counsel to Board of Directors, Calgary Inter-Faith Food Bank
- Board of Directors, Calgary Fiddlers Association
Le 29 novembre 2012, les autorités canadiennes en valeurs mobilières (ACVM) ont adopté des modifications visant le Règlement 54-101 sur la communication avec les....
On November 29, 2012 the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) adopted amendments to National Instrument 54-101 Communication with Beneficial Owners of....
Craig Hoskins comments in a special report on energy on what’s driving the long-term and short-term outlooks for investment in the Canadian oil sands..
Craig Hoskins, David McIntyre and Barbara Li provide their insights and experiences on how Chinese-Canadian relations is big business..