Steven Hadwin is a dispute resolution lawyer based in London, advising on insurance matters. Steven has experience in dispute resolution, coverage advice, policy reviews and policy drafting.
He has experience in relation to a number of classes of insurance, including directors and officers liability insurance, crime insurance, professional indemnity insurance, warranty and indemnity insurance, cyber insurance, employment practices liability insurance and excess wordings.
Examples of Steven’s experience include advising on a large insurance claim arising out of a major banking fraud in the Middle East; co-ordinating a multi-jurisdictional policy compliance project involving the adaptation a major US insurer’s policy wordings for compliance with local law in five jurisdictions; providing D&O coverage advice to a former company executive who is the subject of a high-profile regulatory investigation; and advising a major financial institution in respect of the risks faced by its directors and officers in 11 jurisdictions.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Maritime Risk International – "Time to take stock of cyber risks", October 2017 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart, Steven Hadwin and Rahul Mansigani)
- Insurance Day – "It's time for the market to act on cyber risk and D&O", July 17, 2017 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- PLC Magazine – "Cyber risk and director's liabilities: an international perspective", December 2016 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- Infosecurity – "Insuring safety in cyber", August 2016 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart & Steve Hadwin)
- Global Reinsurance – "How a landmark court case will change the cyber market", November 13, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
- Financier Worldwide – "Cyber risk: an increasing concern for senior management", April 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
- Insurance Day – "Cyber liability, data protection and the limits of insurability", February 8, 2015 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steve Hadwin)
- Insurance Day – "Cyber risk and the role of D&O insurance", December 7, 2014 (Authored by Ffion Flockhart and Steven Hadwin)
This Friday the European Union General Data Protection Regulation comes into force..
May 22, 2018
Recent M&A disputes have covered not only breach of warranty, indemnity and price adjustments issues, but also tax covenants and claims of fraud..
March 20, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been named Cyber Law Firm of the Year at the Insider’s Cyber Ranking Awards 2018..
September 26, 2018
Susan Dingwall and Steven Hadwin have written an article on The Federal Commercial Companies Law of 2013 .
January 01, 2014