Junaid Nabbie is a property lawyer based in Johannesburg where he is an associate in the Real Estate Department. He is qualified as a Notary and Conveyancer. He specialises in conveyancing transactions relating to residential and commercial property, property due diligences, advising clients in respect of commercial property agreements and the general details of a property transaction.
He is also involved in the drafting of a variety of property related agreements, the registration of transfers of property, bonds, as well as, other deeds of security at the various deeds registries.
Junaid obtained an LLB degree from the University of Witwatersrand in 2001 and qualified as an attorney in 2003. He completed a postgraduate certificate course in Prospecting and Mining Laws at the University of Witwatersrand in 2015. He joined the Johannesburg practice in August 2012.
Selected client work
- Glencore Operations South Africa Proprietary Limited: Responsible for several hundred intra-group transfers on behalf of a global mining house that has restructured its organisation. The value of this transaction exceeds seven billion rand. The bulk of these transfers has since been finalised.
- United National Breweries SA Proprietary Limited: Involved in a group restructure and project financing transaction wherein he had to register transfers together with bonds in excess of nine hundred million rand in value.
- Manco Aurecon JV: Attended to infrastructure transfers on behalf of SANRAL to create roads and highways. This is ongoing.
- Millwood Sectional Title Development: Finalised a High Court application to rectify the sectional title plans to reflect the correct numbering of the units as per the title deeds, effectively granting the unit owners proper ownership of their properties and securing the financial institutions interests in the respective properties.
- Due diligence exercises: Participated in a number of due diligence exercises most notable being Exxaro Resources Limited’s acquisition of Total Coal South Africa Proprietary Limited assets for the sum of US$472 million.
- Bonds: Managed and registered mortgage bonds (retail, commercial and development bonds) for principally two traditional financial institutions namely Standard Bank, HBZ Bank and a development finance institution being the National Housing Finance Corporation SOC limited.
- Mining: Assisted the mining team and attends to the execution of mining rights at the various regional offices of the Department of Mineral Resources. Their clients include Anglo Platinum, Lonmin and Glencore.