Iona is a financial services regulatory lawyer based in London. Iona joined the practice in 2011 and qualified as an associate in February 2013. She is a member of our global financial services and markets group and has spent time in both our Athens and Singapore offices.
Iona advises clients mostly on the wholesale side of the industry, with a particular focus on the buy-side sector. Her clients include fund managers and segregated portfolio managers, as well as institutional and other sophisticated investors.
Iona also has experience in advising clients on a wide range of compliance issues, as well as drafting, reviewing and negotiating investment management, custody, service level and investment advisory agreements.
- Advising asset managers on the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and related guidance, particularly in relation to its UK implementation
- Advising an investment manager on the regulatory aspects of an initial public offering of a fund in its portfolio
- Advising on financial promotions issues in respect of listed and non-listed companies
- Co-ordinating international aspects of, and performing local regulatory due diligence in relation to, a proposed term loan facility
- Advising on FCA filings of all types, including changes of control, approved persons registrations and variations and cancellations of permission
- Advising on the EU passporting of investment services under the scope of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive
- Seeking FCA authorisation for asset management and investment firms
- Developing compliance documentation and systems and controls for asset managers
- Performing regulatory risk analyses for pension trustees in relation to particular fund structures
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
There are two methods which allow the marketing of alternative investment funds (AIFs) in the EU by alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs)..
November 30, 2018
The big issues facing the asset management sector continue to be the assimilation of regulatory change, the adoption of new and developing technologies and the considerable economic pressures on asset managers which in many cases are driving industry consolidation..
June 21, 2018