Christian Dargham is a compliance and dispute resolution lawyer based in Paris. He is the head of the firm's disputes department in Paris. He has acted on a number of significant cases involving product liability and white collar crime and is a member of our global business ethics and anti-corruption group.
He has intensive experience in relation to business ethics and investigations (implementation of global compliance policies, day-to-day assistance to compliance officers, audits and assessment of compliance policies, training sessions, integrity due diligence, investigations in areas such as corruption, fraud, and international sanctions).
Christian represents leading industrial groups and international financial institutions.
Christian is a member of the Scientific Committee and a regular publisher of the International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics. He is also regularly interviewed and quoted by French media and by Global Investigations Review on compliance issues.
Christian is fluent in French, English and Arabic.
Christian is a graduate of the University Paris XI - Sceaux where he obtained a DEA (post-graduate diploma) in Contract Law
He is qualified as a member of the Paris Bar
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
Rankings and recognitions
- “Incredibly experienced in both domestic and cross-border regulatory, compliance and government enforcement issues. Offers in-depth knowledge of corporate investigations and litigation. Integrated global practice group supports clients throughout all stages of the establishment of compliance programmes, assessing potential regulatory breaches and representation in investigations. The lawyers give a platform to clients which is not purely legal but also very commercially-minded.”
- Ranked in Band 1 of Chambers Europe 2016 (France) in corporate compliance & investigations
- “Le Monde du Droit” Golden Award 2014 and 2016 for the compliance category
- Listed in the Who’s Who Legal in the Investigations category
- Christan Dargham is noted for 'his great knowledge of compliance, as well as his availability and discretion'. Legal 500 EMEA 2018, France : Compliance
- Author, "SOX machine", Clifford Chance Paris 50-year book, 2012
- Author, "UK Bribery Act, une loi qui ne fait pas de cadeaux", Clifford Chance Paris 50-year book, 2012
- Author, "La corruption dans tous ses états", Le Figaro, 20 August 2013
- Author, "Les intermédiaires, un vecteur de risque" and "Evaluation d'un intermédiaire à risques", International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, supplement to the periodical La semaine juridique Entreprise et Affaires n°40, 3 October 2013
- Co-author, "Comment mener une cartographie des risques préalable à la mise en place d'un programme de conformité anti-corruption ?", International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, supplement to the periodical La semaine juridique Entreprise et Affaires n°51/52, 19 December 2013
- Interview, "Mettre en place un programme de conformité adapté aux risques", Le Moniteur, 25 October 2013
- Interview, "France considers NPAs", Global Investigations Review, 12 June 2014
- Co-author, "La Banque Mondiale : nouvelle force de frappe dans la lutte contre la corruption internationale", International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, supplement to the periodical La semaine juridique Entreprise et Affaires n°27, 3 July 2014
- Coordinator of the publication of a special issue on the fight against international corruption, in Cahiers de l'Entreprise, n° 5, September-October 2014
- Author, "Lutte contre la corruption internationale : état des lieux", Cahiers de l'Entreprise, n°5, September-October 2014
- Author « Corruption internationale : une lutte à géométrie variable », Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, supplement to the periodical La semaine juridique Entreprise et Affaires n°51-52, 18 December 2014
- Co-author of « enquêtes complexes, multi juridictionnelles : faut-il se défendre ou coopérer ? », Business and Legal Forum publication, 30 May 2015
- Author of « 25 questions clés que les dirigeants doivent se poser pour vérifier l'efficacité de leur programme de conformité », Norton Rose Fulbright briefing, 18 September 2015
- Author of « Lutte anticorruption : derniers développements : Memorandum du DOJ sur la coopération des entreprises, Loi sur le devoir de vigilance et Loi Sapin II », Norton Rose Fulbright briefing, April 2016
- Author of « Lutte anticorruption : il n'y a pas que la loi Sapin 2 », Norton Rose Fulbright briefing, June 2016
- Author of « La Directive Secret d'Affaires, une nouvelle protection offerte aux entreprises », International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, supplement to the periodical La semaine juridique Entreprise et Affaires, septembre 2016
- Co-author of « Compliance et diversité culturelle » published in « La compliance : un monde à nouveau? », Les Editions Panthéon-Assas, November 2016
- Author of « Loi Sapin 2 : Guide pratique des dispositions anticorruption », Norton Rose Fulbright briefing, December 2016
- Author of the French Chapter on anticorruption of Getting The Deal Through, December 2016
- Author of "La Lutte contre la corruption : créatrice de valeur pour l'entreprise", Le Monde, 25 January 2017
- Author of "Anti-Corruption Provisions of the Law "Sapin 2" : What are the Immediate Impacts for Companies" - International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics, 30 March 2017
Christian is a member of the Scientific Committee and a regular publisher of the International Review of Compliance and Business Ethics.
Christian is regularly interviewed and quoted by French media (Le Monde, Le Figaro, Les Echos, La Tribune, L'Agefi, La Croix, L'Obs, Le JDD, RTL, BFM Business, France 2…) and by Global Investigations Review on compliance issues.
- Christian gives lectures on anticorruption at Sciences-Po Paris
- Christian gives lectures on anticorruption at the University of Cergy-Pontoise in the Master program in Law and Business Ethics. He is the sponsor of 2015 and 2016 classes. He is also a lecturer at Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas DU Compliance.
- Christian gives training to French judges on US and UK anticorruption legislations and on US government investigations style, in the context of their continuous training.
- Speaker, conference of “Regulation & Investigation Engagement Forum” organized by Norton Rose Fulbright, Paris, 26 and 27 January 2015
- Speaker, conference on “Key Compliance and Regulatory issues in the offset deals” organized by Norton Rose Fulbright, Forensic Risk Alliance and ECCO, Paris, 19 March 2015
- Speaker, conference on compliance and monitorship with the Master Droit et Ethique des Affaires of Cergy-Pontoise University, London, 7-8 May 2015
- Speaker, conference of Global MedTech Compliance Conference, Athens, 20 to 22 May 2015
- Speaker, conference on « Entreprises européennes : le défi américain de la compliance », Paris 2 University, 5 June 2015
- Speaker, conference on E-investigations procedures in France: state of play and challenges faced by companies, Norton Rose Fulbright, 13 April 2016
- Speaker, Anti-Corruption and Transparency Issues in the Life Sciences sector, webinar Norton Rose Fulbright, 22 June 2016
- Speaker, conference on internal investigations and the legal counsel in the banking sector, Association Nationale des Juristes de Banque, 28 June 2016
- Speaker, Journée de l'Ethique à La Poste, 24 November 2016
- Speaker, conference Anticorruption Enforcement, Mexico, 29 November 2016
Speaker, conference on Business and Human Rights and French bill of law on duty of vigilance, 31 January 2017
Speaker, conference on how to implement in practice the 8 anti-corruption provisions of Sapin 2 law, Norton Rose Fulbright, 16 March 2017
Speaker, OECD Forum "Corporate Liability for Corruption and other Economic Crimes", Paris, 30 March 2017
Speaker, Lamy Conference "Compliance et corruption: ce que va changer la loi Sapin II », Paris, 21 April 2017
Speaker, Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale on Internal Investigations, Paris, 30 May 2017
Speaker, American Bar Association/London White Collar Crime Institute "An International Perspective on Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption", London, 9 October 2017
Speaker, Business & Legal Forum, on how to conduct effective internal investigations, Paris, 12 October 2017
La loi relative à la transparence, à la lutte contre la corruption et à la modernisation de la vie économique dite Sapin 2 (la « Loi ») a été définitivement adoptée le 8 novembre 2016..
December 07, 2016
Le 14 juin 2016, l’Assemblée Nationale a adopté le projet de loi relatif à la transparence, à la lutte contre la corruption et à la modernisation de la vie économique dite Sapin 2 (le « Projet »). Ce Projet devrait être soumis au Sénat dans les prochains mois..
June 17, 2016
On May 29, partner Christian Dargham took part in a debate on how to overcome corruption in France alongside, Charles Duchaine, Head of the French Anti-Bribery Agency, Pierre-Antoine Badoz, Head of Compliance of Orange Group and Laurène Bounaud, General Delegate of Transparency France..
May 31, 2018
Norton Rose Fulbright Paris reaches highest rankings in compliance and investigations.
March 20, 2018