Sukesh Kamra is a lawyer and the national director of knowledge management for Canada and Latin America. He leads our knowledge management initiative and is responsible for creating and implementing a national knowledge management strategy and action plan to work smarter and more efficiently, leverage knowledge technologies to eliminate waste and control legal costs, and provide our clients with innovative legal products and solutions to address specific needs. Knowledge management is a key ingredient in our service delivery model.
With over 14 years of experience, Mr. Kamra is responsible for developing tools, practice resources and highly innovative approaches to capture and leverage our tacit and explicit value-added knowledge to efficiently deliver legal services to our clients. He is also responsible for the overall direction of our national library & intelligence service.
Mr. Kamra is a 2017 elected Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management and is a recognized expert in client-facing knowledge management and innovation. He also holds yellow belt certification in Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management.
He is the recipient of the prestigious international 2016 InnovAction Award for the firm’s client innovation portal initiative and a finalist for the KM World Reality Award 2016.
Mr. Kamra is also a certified mental health first aid officer.
LL.M., University of Ottawa, 2003
LL.B. (common law), University of Ottawa, 2001
LL.B. (civil law), Université de Montréal, 2000
- "Tech and Innovation – The Client Portal Experience," KM Legal Forum, Toronto, December 2016.
- "Innovation and the Future of Law," Canadian Association of Black Lawyers 6th Annual Conference, Toronto, October 2016.
- "Case Study: How to Win Legal Work Through Client-facing KM & Innovative Technology," Insight ALM Legal Technology, Toronto, September 2016.
- "The Client Innovation Portal," Futures Conference, College of Law Practice Management, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO, September 2016.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Toronto Legal KM Group
- International Legal Technology Association
- Toronto PAN AM 2015, Management — Event Venue Services Host Volunteer (Hamilton Soccer Stadium)
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been awarded the “2016 InnovAction Award for the Client Innovation Portal initiative.” .
August 30, 2016