Sukesh Kamra is a lawyer and the national director of knowledge management for Canada. He leads our knowledge management initiative and is responsible for creating and implementing a national knowledge management strategy and action plan to work smarter and more efficiently, leverage knowledge technologies to eliminate waste and control legal costs, and provide our clients with innovative legal products and solutions to address specific risk.
With over 14 years of experience, Mr. Kamra is responsible for developing tools, practice resources and new approaches to capture and leverage our tacit and explicit value-added knowledge to efficiently deliver legal services to our clients. He is also responsible for the overall direction of our national library and intelligence service.
Mr. Kamra is a 2017 fellow of the College of Law Practice Management (COLPM) and is a recognized expert in client-facing knowledge management and innovation. He is the recipient of the highly coveted 2017 International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Knowledge Management Professional of the Year Award. Mr. Kamra is also the recipient of the prestigious international COLPM's 2016 InnovAction Award, given to an individual who demonstrates advanced innovation, for the firm's client innovation portal initiative. He was also a top 10 finalist for the 2016 KM World Reality Award.
Mr. Kamra holds yellow belt certification in legal lean sigma and project management. He is also a certified mental health first aid officer.
- LL.M., University of Ottawa, 2003
- LL.B. (common law), University of Ottawa, 2001
- LL.B. (civil law), Université de Montréal, 2000
Rankings and recognitions
- 2017 Fellow - College of Law Practice Management (COLPM)
- 2017 International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Knowledge Management Professional of the Year Award
- 2016 InnovAction Award - COLPM
ILTA KM Tools - New and Classics Webinar - KM Toolkit: Then, Now and What's Next
- "Knowledge Management and Innovation Working Together: The Norton Rose Fulbright Story," Conference Board of Canada, Council on Information and Knowledge Management, Ottawa, September 2017.
- "Prioritizing Decisions and Using External Resources," Osgoode Professional Development, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, September 2017.
- Post-ILTACON Discussion, International Legal Technology Association Toronto Event, Toronto, September 2017.
- "Tech and Innovation – The Client Portal Experience," KM Legal Forum, Toronto, December 2016.
- "Innovation and the Future of Law," Canadian Association of Black Lawyers 6th Annual Conference, Toronto, October 2016.
- "Case Study: How to Win Legal Work Through Client-facing KM & Innovative Technology," Insight ALM Legal Technology, Toronto, September 2016.
- "The Client Innovation Portal," Futures Conference, College of Law Practice Management, University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO, September 2016.
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Knowledge Management Institute of Canada
- Conference Board of Canada, Council on Information and Knowledge Management
- Toronto Knowledge Management Legal Forum
- International Legal Technology Association
- Toronto PAN AM 2015, Management — Event Venue Services Host Volunteer (Hamilton Soccer Stadium)
Sukesh Kamra, national director of knowledge management at Norton Rose Fulbright in Canada, was awarded the 2017 International Legal Technology Association’s (ILTA) Knowledge Management Professional of the Year Award..
August 16, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been awarded the “2016 InnovAction Award for the Client Innovation Portal initiative.” .
August 30, 2016