Liz Boydston is a senior associate in the Dallas office where her practice focuses on business and financial restructuring and insolvency and complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining the Dallas office in 2009, Liz served for nearly two years as judicial law clerk to Chief Bankruptcy Judge Bill Parker in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of Texas.
2007 - J.D., cum laude, Order of the Barristers, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
2003 - B.A., magna cum laude, University Scholars, Baylor University
While in law school, Liz competed in several advocacy competitions, where she repeatedly placed as a first place champion finalist. While attending Baylor University, Liz was the Editor in Chief of the RoundUp.
Liz is licensed to practice law in Texas.
Rankings and recognitions
- Texas Rising Star, Bankruptcy, Thomson Reuters, 2014 - 2017
- "Let's Plan On It, An Overview of Disclosure Statements, Plan Provisions, and Cram-Down," February 2015
- American Bar Association Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Committee Circuit Note: "Recharacterization of Debt to Equity--Not Limited to Insiders," November 2011
- "From the Bench: Practice Points First Days," The Journal of Corporate Renewal, Vol. 24/No. 7, September 2011
- American Bar Association Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation Committee Circuit Note: "Fifth Circuit Emphasizes Fundamental Protections for Secured Lenders, Bank of New York Trust Co. v. Pac. Lumber Co. (In re ScoPac)," February 2011
- "Not-So-Secret Insights for Success in the Eastern District," State Bar of Texas, 27th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, Houston, Texas, October 2009
- "Plans and Confirmations," State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy 101, 30th Annual Advanced Bankruptcy Course, Houston, Texas, February 2015
- "Market Update: Business, Banking and Bankruptcy," Dallas, Texas, November 2011
- "Behind the Scenes: Law Clerk Panel," State Bar of Texas, 27th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, Houston, Texas, October 2009
Memberships and activities
- State Bar of Texas
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court Associate Member
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers (DAYBL)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Board Member, Chair-Elect: International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Planning Committee Member: TexasBarCLE 2016 Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course
- Fifth Circuit Editor, American Bar Association's Bankruptcy and Insolvency Litigation website