Jay Edward Slovacek Greathouse
Jay Greathouse joined the San Antonio office in 2012. Prior to joining, Jay was an associate in the corporate and securities group for a law firm in St. Louis.
Jay represents buyers and sellers in public and private, domestic and cross-border, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. His practice includes corporate health care transactions, including the sale, purchase, and joint ventures between and among healthcare entities and professional practices, and in energy transactions with advisor selection, governance issues, and purchases and sales.
Jay has extensive experience with representing parties in early stage companies, in shareholder disputes, and in day-to-day corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues.
2010 - J.D., cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law
2010 - Graduate Accounting and Finance, Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis
2005 - B.S., Journalism, Texas A&M University
While in law school, Jay was an editor of the Washington University Law Review. He was admitted to practice law in 2010, and has inactive bar status in New York, Missouri and Illinois.
Jay's experience includes representation of the following:
- Healthcare entities in forming physician joint ventures to operate urgent care centers, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging and radiation therapy facilities;
- Hospitals and other healthcare providers in various affiliation, merger and acquisition transactions;
- Ambulatory surgical centers in various legal and governance matters;
- International restructuring of a publicly traded Hong Kong-based electronics manufacturer and its subsidiaries;
- Pipeline and logistics master limited partnership in issuances of more than $1.5 billion of common units;
- Venture capital in their investment of over $10 million in a growth-stage company;
- Medical device company in its formation, venture capital financing and sale to a publicly traded company for $75 million;
- Venture-backed medical device company in its $45 million sale to a publicly traded strategic buyer;
- Heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer (Nasdaq) in certain merger and acquisition transactions;
- Pipeline in governance issues and engagement with investment bank for sale to strategic buyers; and
- Venture capital entities in their portfolio sale of companies.
Memberships and activities
- Laurel Heights Weekday School – Chairman of School Board (2015)
- Golf San Antonio – Board Member, Risk Committee and Marketing Committee (2015)
- Special Olympics Area 6 – Executive Committee (2003, 2005-2007); Volunteer of the Year (2007)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Bike MS, Gateway Area Chapter
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) released two new sets of guidance regarding the use of social media to disseminate information about prescription....
July 17, 2014