In Warsaw, our lawyers advise domestic and multinational financial institutions, and clients operating in other industries, on a range of issues related to restructuring of financial indebtedness and insolvency-related litigation.
As part of our global financial restructuring and insolvency group, we work with our lawyers around the world to handle complex and sensitive cross-border assignments for some of the sector’s multi-jurisdictional, large-scale clients.
Areas of work
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Cross-border insolvency litigation
- Financial indebtedness restructuring
- Lender liability disputes
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets
- Sale and purchase of distressed debt and portfolio sales
- Insolvency (consumer, real estate developer, financial institutions)
- We advised The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on the sale of the bank’s exposure to Empik Media & Fashion. (December, 2015)
- We have advised a number of financial institutions and corporate clients on restructuring, litigation, pre-insolvency and insolvency proceedings related to the enforcement of claims under structured currency derivatives. (2015 - 2016)
- We advised mBank S.A., a Polish subsidiary of Commerzbank, on the restructuring of PLN 40m bank loan granted to MNI group.
- We advised a consortium of banks comprising Powszechna Kasa Oszczędności S.A., Bank Ochrony Środowiska S.A., RBS Bank (Polska) S.A. and The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. on the restructuring of indebtedness and security interests established by Zakłady Tłuszczowe w Bodaczowie sp. z o. o. The transaction involved extensive negotiations with Sjucorp AB (member of Darby Private Equity) – a mezzanine lender providing mezzanine financing to the company.