Head of Warsaw
Piotr Strawa is the head of the Warsaw office and corporate and M&A lawyer. He focuses on corporate matters, including M&As, privatizations, restructurings, private equity and joint ventures. He has acted for multinational and domestic companies, government agencies and financial institutions on transactions in a variety of sectors since the opening of the Polish market to foreign investors. Piotr also advises clients on corporate governance, compliance and business ethnics, as well as on anti-corruption issues.
- In 1985 he was admitted to the Polish Bar of Legal Advisers.
- Abris Capital Partners on the acquisition of 100 per cent of shares in Graf-Poz, a Polish premium cardboard packaging manufacturer. Abris acquired all the shares in Graf-Poz through CLRD Investments S.A.
- CEE Equity Partners on its investment in Bioton SA, the Polish public company. The work included DD, drafting and negotiating transaction documentation.
- ACE European Group on structuring several projects and creating innovative distribution channels for such products (outsourcing of functions).
- BMW on the acquisition of ING Car Lease Polska.
- British Petroleum Europa SE (BP) on the disposal of its LPG distribution business.
- Bank Zachodni WBK S.A. on a joint venture project with Aviva relating to the distribution of insurance products (banckassurance model).
- Deutsche Bank and Crédit Agricole on the corporate aspects of the leveraged buyout of Polkomtel S.A., a leading Polish mobile operator.
- Santander Group on the strategic alliance with the international partner for the distribution of the insurance products.
- HSBC Bank Polska S.A. on its restructuring in connection with the changed legal form of the bank's operations in Poland.
- Hydro Aluminium, a leading European aluminium extrusions manufacturer, in arbitration under the rules of the ICC in relation to a dispute on the transfer of shares and the payment of damages.
- Iskander Energy Corp. on the acquisition of all shares in Eurogas Polska sp. z o.o
- J.P. Morgan and Bank of America Merill Lynch as global coordinators on EUR 900 million high-yield bond offering of P4 sp. z o.o. (Polish Mobile Network Operator MNO operating under the "PLAY" brand). The funds raised were used for refinancing PLAY's existing funding arrangements and distribution to PLAY's shareholders.
- Lantmännen ek för in relation to acqusition of HaGe Polska sp. z o.o. a major distributor of agrochemicals and fertilisers.
- Lantmännen ek för on the JV with Vitfoss.
- Lear Corporation on the acquisitions, restructurings and partial disposals of several manufacturing plants in Poland.
- Representing Lear Corporation in the transfer of its Interior Systems Division to a joint venture company with a private equity fund.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. in connection with the transfer of its dairy plant in the north of Poland.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. in relation to the disposal of Goplana (a major chocolate manufacturer) to Jutrzenka S.A., a company listed on the WSE.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. on its merger with Alima Gerber S.A., the largest Polish baby food manufacturer.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. on the development of the Purina pets food manufacturing plant.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. on the new office project.
- Nestlé Polska S.A. on the tender proceeding and the due diligence of Wedel, the largest Polish chocolate manufacturer.
- Novartis on the subpoena investigation of US SEC involving one of the regional social security agency.
- TAURON Polska Energia S.A., one of the largest electricity generation and transmission companies in Poland, in connection with its privatisation through an IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. The offering was one of the largest electricity sector IPOs in Europe with a total value of EUR 1 billion.
- Global supplier to the mining industry on the compliance and anti-corruption audit of the Polish operation.
- State Treasury of the Republic of Poland on the initial public offering (IPO) and international offering of the Warsaw Stock Exchange with a total estimated value of EUR 486 million.
- State Treasury of the Republic of Poland on the sale of shares in Grupa Lotos S.A., Poland's second largest oil company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Tryg A/S (at present Nordea Life and Pension) on the acquisition of the total issued share capital of Heros Life S.A., a Polish life insurance company.
- Tryg Forsikring A/S, a member of Tryg Vesta Group A/S, on a series of transactions resulting in the acquisition of more than 95 per cent of shares in Energo-Asekuracja S.A., a Polish general insurance company.
- Volvo Truck Poland on a series of business acquisitions and the development of its dealership network.
- Volvo Polska sp. z o.o. in the process of concentration notification to the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection in connection with the acquisition of the assets of Bernard Trucks sp. z o.o.
Rankings and recognitions
- Piotr is ranked and highly recommended as a 'leading individual' and 'key individual' in Corporate and M&A practice by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and The Legal 500.
- Recently, he has been recognized as one of the best lawyers in Poland in the area of corporate law by The Best Lawyers in Poland (2016-17).
- He is the co-author of the Polish section of a three volume publication by Kluwer Law on acquisitions and mergers in over 50 countries.
On 28 September 2015, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published final drafts of 28 technical standards that it is mandated to produce under....
October 06, 2015
While the headline changes to the MiFID regime center on market infrastructure, there are many changes being made to investor protection requirements..
May 14, 2015
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has advised Transport Infrastructure Investment Company S.a r.l. (TIIC) and Grupa NDI S.A. (NDI) on the sale to Arcus Infrastructure Partners of NDI Autostrada sp. z o.o..
March 08, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has been recognised for its work on the refinancing of Cyfrowy Polsat S.A. and Polkomtel Sp. z o.o.’s existing debt and the financing of working capital requirements, worth PLN 12.5bn (approximately €3bn). The accolade was awarded by Polish national daily paper, Rzeczpospolita. The ceremony took place on April, 18 2016..
April 20, 2016