‘This firm handles mandates for some of the biggest names in the insurance sector, and it has recently been involved in some of the highest-profile pieces of non-contentious work in the market’
Chambers UK, 2012
Our London corporate, regulatory and transactional insurance team is regarded as a market leader in the insurance sector; possessing technically excellent and highly experienced insurance lawyers, we are a dynamic, ambitious and growing practice. Many of our lawyers have spent part of their working time in the industry and as a result our team is commercially aware and client driven.
Our extensive international coverage ensures that we are able to service the needs of both local and international insurance clients conducting business throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. We represent a wide range of financial institutions and corporations, from the largest multi-national to the smaller entrepreneur, across all market sectors and locations.
- An exceptional reputation for our work in the Lloyd’s market and in relation to the life sector.
- Particular experience in entering emerging markets, most notably Asia and Africa.
Our areas of work include
- bancassurance and distribution
- captives and mutuals
- contractual and agency advice
- discontinued business solutions
- insurance capital markets and ART
- IPOs and secondary issues
- joint Ventures
- Lloyd’s market advice, including start-ups and turnkey syndicates
- mergers and acquisitions
- new authorisations
- portfolio transfers, schemes of arrangement and cross border mergers
- regulatory advice, including Solvency II
- restructuring and insolvency.