Lauren Leeker is Global Head of Compliance. She was formerly Head of Compliance for the United States and previously served as Administrative Counsel to the Executive Committee of Fulbright & Jaworski LLP.
Prior to joining Norton Rose Fulbright, Lauren served for more than 22 years as an officer and military lawyer in the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. Her breadth of experience spanned from the courtroom to academia, and the supervision, training and professional development of uniformed and civilian attorneys and staff. Her assignments included as a trial judge presiding over cases throughout the United States, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Germany, Kuwait and Afghanistan, and as the Army's Chief of the Government Appellate Division representing the United State in courts-martial appeals before the U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the U.S. Supreme Court. Lauren also served on the faculty at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, she was promoted to Assistant Professor of Law in 1998 and served as American Legal Systems Program Director and as Course Director for the department's Advanced Constitutional Law Seminar.
Lauren retired from the United States Army as a Colonel in 2007.
LLM, Columbia University School of Law, 1997
LLM, Military Law, The Judge Advocate General's School, U.S. Army, 1992
JD, cum laude, California Western School of Law, 1984
BA, History, Randolph Macon Woman's College, 1981
While studying at Columbia University School of Law, Lauren was named a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. She was admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania in 1984, the District of Columbia in 2007, the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in 2010 and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court.
- Guest Lecturer, Catholic University Columbus School of Law, 2010-2013
- "Large Private Practice/In-House Counsel," Jobs for JAGs - Transitioning to Civilian Practice Program, Pentagon Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, May 2008, 2009, 2010
- "Women in the Military," Harrisburg College Club, April 24, 2007
- "Introduction to the Courtroom," 1st Judicial Circuit Counsel Gateway Training, Arlington, VA, November 2006 and October 2005, and Fort Eustis, VA, April 2006
- "Trial Advocacy – A View from the Bench," U.S. Army Trial Defense Service Region I Quarterly Training Symposium, Arlington, VA, October 2005
- "Being a Judge," Magnolia Elementary School Law Day Program, Joppa, MD, May 2005
- "New Judges Panel," Military Judges Course, U.S. Army, The Judge Advocate General's School, Charlottesville, VA, April 2005
- "Military Law – The Appellate Process," Trial Counsel Assistance Regional Training, Las Vegas, NV, March 2004, and Honolulu, HI, December 2002
- 1997-2000, Assistant Professor of Law, U.S. Military Academy, regularly lectured on U.S. Constitutional Law, International Law and Military Law
- "U.S. Landmine Policy and The Certain Conventional Weapons Convention," 1996 Pacific Command Legal Conference, Canberra, Australia
- "Rules of Engagement and Peace Operations," Bangladesh Defence College, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1995
- "Law of War Training - U.S. Responsibilities under the Geneva Conventions," 1995 Pacific Command Legal Conference, Singapore
Memberships and activities
- National Association of Women Judges
- Resource Board Member (2010-2013)
- Congressional Caucus - Co-Chair (2012)
- International Association of Women Judges
- American Bar Association - Center for Professional Responsiblity
- The Sunflower Initiative's Endowment Campaign Committee (2014 - Present)
- Girl Scouts of America, Life Member
- Girl Scout Troop Leader, Daisy to Senior Scouts (1997 - 2010)
- Gold Award Advisor (2006 - 2008)
- Career Women's Golf Organization, Army Navy Country Club, Board Member (2006 - 2011), Board President (2012)
- Pennsylvania Society
- Daughters of the American Revolution