Norton Rose Fulbright has a rich history representing, advising, and serving the oilfield services and equipment sector. Our across the board/multi-disciplinary experience covers all of the issues facing this sector of the energy industry, and our geographic breadth aligns with the global nature of this sector.
Whether your business faces the opportunities, risks and challenges associated with offshore deepwater drilling, onshore hydraulic fracturing, emerging geographies or all of the above, our lawyers have the experience to advise, represent and aggressively defend you on the variety of issues your company might be facing.
We have provided counsel to oilfield service and equipment providers, as well as their investors, lenders and underwriters, covering all of the key areas relevant to this sector, including:
- corporate finance
- commercial disputes
- regulatory and compliance
- environmental matters
- intellectual property
- labor and employment
- domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including joint ventures
- securities litigation
We understand the industry participants, the economics, and the applicable rules and regulations, and have substantial experience providing advice and counsel with respect to the risks relevant to companies in the oilfield services and equipment sector.
Our recent oilfield services experience:
- We represented a global oilfield equipment provider in a US $2.5 billion acquisition of an oilfield equipment and parts manufacturer.
- We represented a drilling company in a dispute with an operator regarding a four-year US $752 million construction and drilling contract for an ultra-deepwater semi-submersible rig in the Gulf of Mexico.
- We represented an offshore drilling company in multiple patent infringement matters including one leading to a jury verdict for US $15 million.