Norton Rose Fulbright's copyright lawyers have considerable experience in all aspects of copyright protection, licensing and enforcement.
We can assist clients with:
- litigating copyright issues
- obtaining copyright registration
- policing and managing a client's copyright portfolio
- developing and negotiating licensing and ownership agreements
- drafting and negotiating software agreements or outsourcing arrangements
The firm's copyright lawyers have experience with the full range of copyrightable works including:
- audio recordings and music
- motion pictures
- technical and architectural designs
- literary works
- mask works (semiconductor chips)
Norton Rose Fulbright lawyers assist clients in sorting ownership disputes and handling derivative works. Experienced in all international and national jurisdictions, the firm's copyright lawyers are able to represent their clients' interests around the world.
Whether the issue is protecting client's copyrights or defending them from infringement claims, Norton Rose Fulbright's copyright lawyers draw from decades of litigation experience in US federal and state courts throughout the country.
Copyright transactions and licensing
The firm's copyright lawyers have experience handling a wide variety of transactional and licensing matters involving all types of copyright issues in a wide range of businesses. Their copyright experience includes:
- ownership agreements
- due diligence
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- employment and consulting contracts
- confidentiality agreements
Software licensing, e-commerce and open source
Software licensing and maintenance is fundamental to doing business in today's economy both for the developer of software and for end users. Acquiring and using the proper software tools entails a host of legal issues, which Norton Rose Fulbright intellectual property lawyers are well-equipped to handle.
The Norton Rose Fulbright team reviews, advises and negotiates a wide variety of agreements, including software development agreements, software licenses (both as licensor and licensee), maintenance and support contracts, joint ventures, and domestic and international distribution agreements.
Since nearly all of today's business is conducted over the Internet, we also advise on e-commerce matters such as preparing terms and conditions, drafting privacy policies, and advising on applicable US and foreign legislation.
The firm's copyright lawyers also help clients develop open-source policies, counsel and negotiate on licensing matters and assess the implications of open-source in proprietary environments.
Norton Rose Fulbright's Outsourcing Team is a leader in information technology and business process outsourcing transactions. Outsourcing clients look to the firm to evaluate, structure, negotiate and manage all types of outsourcing transactions, including complex, competitively-bid and multinational transactions.
The Outsourcing Team has significant experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting global information technology outsourcing agreements, including:
- infrastructure management
- applications development and maintenance
- data center and desktop outsourcing
- managed network services agreements
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national rankings for copyright law, intellectual property litigation, patent litigation, patent law and trademark law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016