Norton Rose Fulbright's trademark and branding lawyers know business brands are some of the most valuable intellectual property that a company may own.
The Norton Rose Fulbright trademark and branding team handles and litigates some of the most recognizable brands, trademarks and trade dress in the world.
Norton Rose Fulbright's trademark and branding lawyers have experience in all aspects of trademark law, including litigating trademarks and trade dress, unfair competition, counterfeiting, cyber-litigation and dilution matters in federal and state courts; searching and clearance of trademarks; prosecution of trademark applications; trademark oppositions and cancellations; seizures of counterfeit goods; and domain name dispute resolution.
Norton Rose Fulbright's trademark services
- litigation/alternative dispute resolution/TTAB
- transactions and licensing
- domestic and international portfolio management
Trademark litigation and enforcement
As one of the nation's leading trial firms, Norton Rose Fulbright's litigation strengths extend from the war room to the courtroom. The firm's trademark lawyers have represented clients in hundreds of disputes around the world. Whether in courtrooms across the country, through mediation, before arbitral tribunals and panels or before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers are well-equipped to handle any trademark, trade dress or domain name dispute. We have accrued extensive experience in all aspects of trademark litigation, including the enforcement of rights against infringement, dilution and counterfeiting and related federal court litigation.
A failure to adequately police can weaken a mark significantly, whereas an overaggressive litigation strategy can be dauntingly expensive and may invite a host of unintended consequences. Clients have turned to the firm to help them calibrate appropriate trademark policing strategies.
Trademark transactions and licensing
We are well positioned to provide reasoned advice and counsel on trademark-focused transactions, having one of the nation's largest trademark services and the ability to coordinate efforts with lawyers from more than 50 other service areas within the firm, including finance, mergers and acquisitions, and tax.
The firm's trademark and branding lawyers have extensive experience counseling clients on trademark issues implicated in a wide range of transactions, including:
- trademark license and assignment agreements
- coexistence and concurrent use agreements
- intercompany licensing arrangements
- the development of intellectual property holding companies
- domestic and multi-national mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- joint ventures
- franchise agreements
- manufacturing and distribution agreements.
Trademark portfolio management
Norton Rose Fulbright's trademark and branding lawyers work with a close network of trusted associates in over 150 countries to provide thorough portfolio management with the ability to handle any volume of marks for clients. The firm's people, strategic relationships, and technology make it perfectly positioned to handle any client's trademark portfolio needs anywhere in the world.
Awards and accolades
- WTR 1000 – United States: Minnesota, Trademark and Brand Protection, World Trademark Review, 2017
- WTR 1000 – United States: Texas, Trademark and Brand Protection, World Trademark Review, 2017
- IP Stars, Americas – US, Trademark Contentious and Trademark Prosecution, Managing Intellectual Property, 2017
- IP Stars, Americas – US, Trademark Contentious and Trademark Prosecution, Managing Intellectual Property, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide: Intellectual Property: Trademarks: Litigation, The Legal 500, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide: Intellectual Property: Trademarks: Non-Contentious (Full Coverage), The Legal 500, 2016