Norton Rose Fulbright's Latin America team in the United States has been counseling and representing clients on a multitude of Latin America cross-border matters for over 60 years.
We advise clients on project finance, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity investment, banking and finance, privatizations, litigation, arbitration and other dispute resolution and international trade transactions throughout Latin America. We also advise clients who are based in Latin America and want to invest in, do business in and settle disputes in the United States or elsewhere in the world.
Our team comprises more than 40 lawyers who have extensive experience in a wide array of business and legal issues involved in Latin America cross-border financial, commercial and investment transactions as well as dispute resolution and litigation.
Many of the lawyers are multilingual, fluent in Spanish or Portuguese, have lived in Latin America and are intimately familiar with the legal and business cultures in those countries.
Our US Latin America team is based in Houston, New York, Dallas, San Antonio and Los Angeles, and works closely with our offices in Caracas and Bogotá.
Our Latin American clients and matters span a variety of industry groups, including:
- banking and financial services
- general manufacturing
- information and communications
- health care and biotechnology
- mining, cement and construction materials
- aircraft leasing
- food and agribusiness
Several of our Latin American practice lawyers have held senior positions within the United States government, various international organizations and legal departments of multinational businesses. Many have represented government enterprises or multinational financial institutions in the privatization of power or telecommunication industries.
Others have served as arbitrators or as counsel in arbitrations under the rules of the world's major arbitral institutions, represented parties before inter-governmental tribunals and the International Court of justice and handled cross-border disputes in United States courts.
View our Latin America website
Award and accolades
- Chambers Global, Latin America-wide: Fraud & Corporate Investigations, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Global, USA: Projects: Latin America-wide, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Latin America, Latin America-wide: International Arbitration, Chambers & Partners, 2017
- Latin Lawyer 250, top 250 international law firms practicing in Latin America, Law Business Research Ltd.,2015
- Legal 500 Latin America, International Firms: International Arbitration, The Legal 500, 2015
- Legal 500 Latin America, International Firms: Projects & Energy, The Legal 500, 2015