Anna is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright, based in Hong Kong. She heads the firm's Cyber Risk practice for Asia Pacific.
Anna's practice focuses primarily on privacy, technology and communications related issues. She advises clients on privacy and data protection, cybersecurity and breach response, telecommunications and Internet regulatory issues, technology agreements and outsourcing transactions. She has been in Hong Kong for the last 17 years and has assisted clients with Hong Kong and China based projects, as well as having a wealth of experience in multi-jurisdictional projects, particularly in implementing e-commerce and data management projects in Asia and across the globe.
Anna is co-author to Internet Law in Hong Kong published by Sweet & Maxwell and is recognized in the Legal 500 and Chambers Asia as a leading individual for her expertise in the areas of technology and data protection, in particular as being "a leader in the privacy space" and for her experience across a number of industries, notably with retail and luxury brands.
Anna is a Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and holds the CIPT and CIPP/Asia certifications. She sits on the IAPP Asia Advisory Board and the Women Leading Privacy Board. She is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and Queensland, Australia.
- Assisted an Asian bank with the implementation of terms for preparation and the use of biometric authentication in its mobile app.
- Advised a major global financial institution on a US$100 million outsourcing of its know your client processes to the service provider facilities in China and Ireland.
- Advised an international hotel group on contractual arrangements for the acquisition of the group's cloud data facilities.
- Advised a major Chinese e-commerce company on the set up of its points of presence and internet data centres globally.
- Assisted an international financial institution with the negotiation regarding the renewal of its data centre contract with a leading IT company.
- Advised an international education provider on its data hub strategy and implementation of its global privacy compliance program.
- Advised an international fashion brand on its setup of a global e-commerce website for use in over 40 countries, including drafting and reviewing the website terms or use, privacy and cookies policy.
- Advised a leading cosmetic brand on handling a breach incident affecting its website including customer management and regulatory notification in 20 countries.
- Advised an international airline on its implementation and rollout of a global privacy compliance program for customer and employees data.
- Advised an international hotel group on breach response and regulatory issues following a cyber-attack on its reservation booking provider affecting its hotels in Asia, Europe and the US.
- Advised a luxury fashion brand on the data privacy implications of the implementation of a regional CRM system.
- Advised one of the world's leading e-commerce platform providers on its joint venture to launch an online auction marketplace in China.
- Advised a US software company on the build and operation of a development centre in China to accommodate the outsourcing of development, testing and support services for its products and services.
- Assisted a US fashion retailer in the set up and rollout of its Asian e-commerce platform including the review of terms and conditions, privacy and marketing policies and providing on going assistance with respect to use of data for targeted promotions.
- Solicitor, qualified in Hong Kong
Data protection and cybersecurity laws across Asia are developing at a fast pace and with a great deal of diversity in approach across countries. .
December 6, 2018
On Thursday, September 13, Norton Rose Fulbright was pleased to host a breakfast seminar on developments in data privacy law around the world..
September 13, 2018
European organisations have been preparing for some time to comply with the European Union’s new data protection law, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies to all organisations in the EU..
May 16, 2018
Artificial Intelligence has huge potential to bring accuracy, efficiencies, cost savings and speed to a whole range of formerly human activities and to provide entirely new insights into market and customer behaviour..
August 04, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright is delighted to announce that Psyche Tai, the head of its Hong Kong office, and Anna Gamvros, head of Privacy, Data Protection and Cybersecurity, Asia have been respectively named ‘M&A and Private Equity Lawyer of the Year’ and ‘Privacy and Data Protection Lawyer of the Year’ at the eighth annual Asia Women in Business Law Awards..
November 12, 2018
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright is pleased to announce that the firm has been awarded "Visionary Client Service Law firm of the Year, International” at the In-House Community Counsels of the Year Awards & Celebration 2018..
May 10, 2018