Monika Szymanski’s practice focuses on transactional work and general corporate matters, with a primary focus on financing transactions. Ms. Szymanski represents financial institutions, bank syndicates and various domestic and foreign companies in connection with secured and unsecured US and cross-border lending transactions, including asset-based lending, working capital facilities, structured finance and bankruptcy-related matters, and in connection with derivatives.
JD, cum laude, Member, Fordham International Law Journal, Benjamin Finkel Prize for Excellence in Bankruptcy Law, Fordham University School of Law, 2004
BA, Wesleyan University, 1997
- Represented a fuel broker and related service provider and certain of its foreign subsidiaries in a US$800 million credit facility.
- Represented a bank group in connection with restructuring more than US$700 million in loans to a manufacturing company and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries, which included providing debtor-in-possession financing and a debt-for-equity exchange.
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with its exposure to CIFG, a financial guaranty company.
- Represented the ad hoc committee of swap counterparties in the restructuring of the monoline insurance company, ACA Financial Guaranty.
- Represented the global coordinators in a US$16.5 billion financing in connection with the spin-off by Tyco International Ltd.
- Represented the originator and servicer in a US$229 million securitization of pharmaceutical royalty payments.
- Represented the originator in a single-drug monetization of royalty payments, funded through a 144A offering.
- Represented a private equity fund and an energy company in financing with respect to their acquisition of partnerships which own five solar power electric generating systems in the Mojave Desert.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
Rankings and recognitions
- Rising Star, Banking – United States, IFLR1000, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2018
- "Right of Buy-Side Counterparties to Segregate Initial Margin for Uncleared Swaps," Private Funds Practice NewsWire, Spring 2014
- "New Dodd-Frank Swap Rules Have Implications for Loan Guarantees and Security Documents," Corporate Practice NewsWire, April 2013
Memberships and activities
- Firm Recruiting Committee
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
Chadbourne runs internal training sessions for its project finance lawyers....
November 12, 2015
Buy-side swap counterparties are beginning to receive notices from their swap dealers of the right to have their initial margin for uncleared swaps (swaps that are not cleared through a clearingho....
June 16, 2014
Chadbourne & Parke LLP advised Deutsche Bank on the debt financing of Apex Clean Energy’s 217 MW renewable portfolio deal, which reached financial close on July 14....
July 21, 2016
Project Will Provide Power to Metro de Santiago\nChadbourne & Parke LLP represented the lenders, Crédit Agricole, Korea Development Bank (KDB), MUFG and SMBC, in connection with the US$199....
July 15, 2016