Robert Kantrowitz joined the New York office as an associate in September 2017. His practice focuses on transactional, regulatory, data privacy, and cybersecurity matters for healthcare and life sciences companies. Robert advises academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, health insurance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians, correctional healthcare providers, long-term care facilities, and nursing homes.
His transactional experience includes assisting with mergers and acquisitions, preparing corporate governance documents and policies, negotiating physician employment agreements, and drafting product disposition and return agreements and policies. His regulatory experience includes counseling healthcare and life sciences companies on general compliance matters, defending clients in government and private, governing institution investigations, and advising pharmaceutical companies on issues involving privacy and security of patient information under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), HIPAA, and state laws. He also works with not-for-profit and tax-exempt (501(c)(3)) organizations on a range of transactional and regulatory matters.
JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2017
BA, Distinction in the College of Letters & Science, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2012
In law school, Robert competed for Fordham Law's Dispute Resolution Society in the 2015-2016 ABA Negotiation Competition and subsequently coached Fordham's 2016-2017 Negotiation team. Robert was a member of the Fordham Urban Law Journal.
- Co-author with Kim Gold, "OCR proposes to share HIPAA data breach settlements with victims," Health Law Pulse, May 22, 2018
- Co-author with Kim Gold, "Massachusetts Senate passes data protection bill targeting consumer credit agencies," Data Protection Report, May 8, 2018
- Co-author with Kim Gold, "NIST releases latest version of its Cybersecurity Framework," Health Law Pulse, April 19, 2018
- Co-author with Susan Ross, "FCC TCPA order partially upheld and partially set aside," Data Protection Report, March 17, 2018
- Co-author with Kim Gold and Alexis Wilpon, "Uber as a HIPAA business associate," Data Protection Report, March 7, 2018
- Co-author with David Kessler and Anna Rudawski, "Working party publishes draft of GDPR guidelines for Article 49 (export derogations)," Data Protection Report, March 5, 2018
- Co-author with Kim Gold, "Amended Colorado bill aims to enhance data privacy laws," Health Law Pulse, February 21, 2018
- Co-author with Kim Gold, "South Dakota and Colorado strengthen data breach protections," Health Law Pulse, January 29, 2018
- Co-author with Cori Goldberg, "FDA commissioner discusses key policy goals for 2018," Health Law Pulse, December 19, 2017
- Co-author with Cori Goldberg, "FDA commissioner discusses upcoming guidance to modernize its framework for medical device review," Health Law Pulse, December 13, 2017
- Co-author with Cori Goldberg, "FDA commissioner looks to curb tactics that restrict drug competition," Health Law Pulse, November 13, 2017
- Co-author with Cori Goldberg and Krishna Kavi, "FDA commissioner discusses greater scrutiny of health claims on food packaging," Health Law Pulse, October 13, 2017
Memberships and activities
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)