Wayne St. Hugh Livingstone
Wayne Livingstone joined the Dallas office in 2006. He focuses his practice on intellectual property matters.
Wayne counsels clients on strategies for protecting intellectual property and prosecutes patent applications, from preparation to issuance, in the chemical, petroleum, medical devices, electrical, and mechanical fields. His patent practice also includes inter partes and ex parte re-examination of patents, inter partes review, and providing support for patent litigation matters.
Before law school, Wayne worked for several years in the petroleum industry. His substantial experience in industry and in law equips Wayne well to represent clients in patenting inventions, in licensing, and in due diligence assessments of business transactions. He employs creativity in resolving the important issues necessary to achieve client objectives.
JD, summa cum laude, St. Mary's University, 2006
BS, Chemical Engineering, University of the West Indies, 1987
While in law school, Wayne served as associate editor on the St. Mary's Law Journal. He was on the Dean's List every semester and was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity. In May 2006, he was inducted as a member of The John M. Harlan Society for high attainments in the study of law.
Wayne was admitted to the practice of law in Texas in 2006 and in the Northern District of Texas in 2007. He was registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2007.
- Management of patent portfolios for companies in the chemical and electrical industries
- Prepare and prosecute utility and design patent applications
- Represent clients in ex parte and inter partes re-examination of patents
- Represent client in inter partes review
- Oral advocacy before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board
- IP due diligence in business transactions
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Co-author with Ross Viguet, "The New USPTO Guidelines on the Determination of Obviousness," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, October, 2007
Memberships and activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section
- J.L. Turner Legal Association
- Toastmasters International
- Dallas Bar Association - Pro Bono Activities Committee
- Veterans Pro Bono Legal Clinic (Dallas VA Medical Center), Volunteer
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Volunteer